Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber #3200 Kettle Warming Rack  (Read 18788 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber #3200 Kettle Warming Rack
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 08:10:54 AM »
That's a fine write-up. Used elevated cooking racks before and found food cooked faster on them and had to conclude that significantly higher temps were the reason. Your scientific data backs me up. When I have a whack of the same or similar food to cook and the space afforded by 1 Kettle is not enough I do not reach for a elevated grate but rather another Kettle. Any excuse at all is good for me.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 10:53:50 AM »
I knew it!! Well kinda, I assumed it...

Thank you for putting in the effort it took to get all of the exact temp readings. I just have one question - did you cook anything while you were at it or was this done in an empty kettle? My thought is that if you had slabs of meat over the coals at the grate level that they would draw in more of the direct heat and 'cool' off the lid and WR readings but I could be wrong here.

Grate work @addicted-to-smoke and @chuck s
Keep it simple stupid

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 07:14:55 PM »
Hi Matt_T,

No, I don't recall us cooking anything during the temp testing but you're right, food is a major factor in machine temp ... for a while at least.

For this, we wanted a baseline scenario so that we'd know what to expect overall. Thanks for the kind words.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

joness105639

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 04:17:47 PM »
these are availible separately at the weber factory parts store in palatine btw.

bama bbq

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 04:16:23 AM »
I'll never understand why Weber markets some items and decides not to market others.  It's bizarre.

Swamp Yankee

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 07:27:56 AM »
Great write up! I ordered one of these before I'd even assembled my grill - they are still available on Amazon.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:03 AM »
I might have just ordered the last of them!   I had no clue they were still available anywhere.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 04:57:46 AM »
I don't suspect they'll completely go away for a while yet, since they'd have to have them available for the current MasterTouch. IMO Weber kinda shoots themselves in the foot by not making things like widely available when it's already in production for one of their kettles. Maybe 2016 will end the MasterTouch's "exclusive" of it? I haven't checked ereplacements.com for example.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Swamp Yankee

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
I used mine today to cook some yams in foil. It's a handy gadget, well made and it worked like a charm -

and I learned an important lesson when using a rack AND charcoal side baskets arranged at 6 and 12 o'clock: before you put your meat on  the grill, make sure to rotate the grate so the feet on the warming rack don't fall down between the grate bars. I had the grate arranged so the flaps could open over the coal baskets...and the rack tipped when I put the lid on.  ???

I'm such a newb  ::)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 03:48:33 PM »
I used mine today to cook some yams in foil. It's a handy gadget, well made and it worked like a charm -

and I learned an important lesson when using a rack AND charcoal side baskets arranged at 6 and 12 o'clock: before you put your meat on  the grill, make sure to rotate the grate so the feet on the warming rack don't fall down between the grate bars. I had the grate arranged so the flaps could open over the coal baskets...and the rack tipped when I put the lid on.  ???

I'm such a newb  ::)

Yam down!!!!!  LOL
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 07:07:37 AM »
These racks are available in Canada still.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 08:11:24 AM »
There are three of them left on Amazon at the moment.   I thought I had ordered the last 2 last month, but I guess they found some more!