Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: happy memorial day wkc..what are you grilling? and which kettle/wsm is fired up?  (Read 3652 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Granted theres a lot of wsms and kettles getting fired up.

I have slabs of beef short ribs and sweet italian sausage..on wsm...im currently stalling at 170...short ribs may turn into late night post dinner snack

2 performers are warming up ..ready for thin sliced asian marinated style beef short ribs...

Which wsms and kettles are you firing up and whats on the cook grates...?!
Grills

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
got the SJ going doing finger foods

the Masters is doing 4 racks of ribs and 2 dutch ovens are going, one with the beans and one doing a cherry cobler
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

WNC

• WKC Performer
Yesterday the 22wsm served up a whole brisket, burnt ends, beans, brats, and almonds. The '85 red served up two rotisserie chickens. Sorry no pics, I sat in the pool with the phone in my pocket.

Happy Memorial Day all, take a moment to remember those who serve!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:42:02 PM by WNC »

HalfGrilled

• WKC Brave
18.5 WSM fired up at noon.  2 slabs of STL trimmed spares. Pit beans on lower rack.  2-2-1.  WSM held rock steady at 225-250 even with the extra opening of the lid. 

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Today was the first day smoked slabs of beef short ribs...12 hours and at meat temp 187 i threw them on the performer to crisp then up a bit.

They were tender like butter ..will definitely be doing that again.

The stall hit at 170 and last about 3 hrs
Grills

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Yesterday the 22wsm served up a whole brisket, burnt ends, beans, brats, and almonds. The '85 red served up two rotisserie chickens. Sorry no pics, I sat in the pool with the phone in my pocket.

Happy Memorial Day all, take a moment to remember those who serve!

That's rough !!!!

and, thanks for the reminder...... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
I "fixed" bland, dry, tasteless boneless, skinless chicken breast.....on an old Redhead..... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
@1buckie (fixed bland chicken breast problem?)
Im gonna have to read about how you fixed this centuries old problem..
Grills

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
I started off on the flattop 26er on Friday for wings for everyone. Moved to the Performer on saturday for burgers and brats. Sunday saw the offset get a couple of bacon wrapped pork tenderloins plus a corned beef brisket on the Bears UDS and chicken breasts on the Smokey Joe. Yesterday burgers were requested so it will either be the Smokey or Performer depending on how many I need to cook. I LOVE long weekends!!!

jdefran

• WKC Brave
Indeed the long weekend is nice. Although I have no photos to prove it, I believe I fired up a Weber at least once each day this weekend:

Friday: Deep dish cast iron pizza inspired by @Nate
Saturday: Managed burgers and brats on a friend's kettle
Sunday: Smoked a couple racks of spares and drip beans (for today) and used the gasser for some Mahi for dinner

God bless those who fight for our freedom and let us grill in peace :)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
@jdefran , where's the deep dish pics. ::)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Ribs are going on the 18.5WSM later, but before the heat came to the East coast this morning I fired up the new fangled indoor oven and made use of the fresh rhubarb I have in the garden, with a bunch of strawberries thrown in for good measure. Pie crust uses chilled vodka along with the ice water. Makes a great crust! Will try to remember to take pics later. Shaping up to be a fine day in Pennsylvania!  8)

Trimmed a couple large spares St Louis style:

Space Dust should take these ribs into orbit:

Time to get my hands dirty:

Ready to rock, and these will max out the top-grate - trimmings will go in the basement.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:30:20 AM by MartyG »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Not sure, maybe some Wendy's, maybe Taco Bell later. Hard to say really.

(Five hour drive back home begins before too long here.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
Ribs are going on the 18.5WSM later, but before the heat came to the East coast this morning I fired up the new fangled indoor oven and made use of the fresh rhubarb I have in the garden, with a bunch of strawberries thrown in for good measure. Pie crust uses chilled vodka along with the ice water. Makes a great crust! Will try to remember to take pics later. Shaping up to be a fine day in Pennsylvania!  8)

Trimmed a couple large spares St Louis style:

Space Dust should take these ribs into orbit:

Time to get my hands dirty:

Ready to rock, and these will max out the top-grate - trimmings will go in the basement.

Rhubarb, oh yea, my mother used to make Rhubarb pie

that looks great
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Gettin' there, and I envy you ranch owners, (or 22.5 WSM owners) but more often than not this much real estate serves me well:

Did I mention this is the virgin run with the new CB door and charcoal ring. The door alone is worth the price of admission:

Given the Space Dust intro, I figured it was time to do the ET-wrap for a bit.

Oh, and the little tip cut-offs? They were really good right off the grate! ;)