Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked & seared tritip, twice baked planked taters, and green beans  (Read 2550 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Decided to try smoking a tritip so on the mini it went. Tried the twice backed planked potatoes. Whoever thought of this is a genious. Great for a party. And some green beans in cream sauce.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
That's a magnificent looking meal.  Congrats.  Where is the info for the twice backed planked potatoes???
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
That's a magnificent looking meal.  Congrats.  Where is the info for the twice backed planked potatoes???
It does look good! I second the request for the twice baked.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Damn fine meal there Nate.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
Those are choice! 😳 You nailed it again!
Growing family = growing kettles!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
@SmokenJoe  @1911Ron  I just saw a picture recently of the planked twice baked potatoes. I googled it and here is the pic I saw http://www.anotherpintplease.com/2015/05/what-on-grill-316-planked-twice-baked.html. My wife mentioned she wanted twice baked potatoes yesterday so I said we should try these since it would be easier. We used our own twice baked recipie/method but copied the preparation.  First I baked the whole taters on the grill for 45 min to an hour, put them in a large mixing bowl, mashed and blended them up with our blend of butter, cheeses, milk, sour cream etc, then placed in on the plank, topped with more cheese and back onto the grill.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Looks amazing! Great looking Tip, perfect color.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Fantastic looking cook.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
@Nate  ...  you had me at "First I baked the whole taters on the grill ...".  I love using a Cedar plank for Salmon, so I got what I need for twice-cooked spuds today  :)  I'm going to have to drink Ninkasi Oatis however.  Thanks for the good looking side dish idea.
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

AnotherPintPlease

• Smokey Joe
    • Another Pint Please
@Nate - That is awesome, your meal looks fabulous and I'm glad you liked the potatoes!! They look killer. We grilled up some twice baked potatoes last month on the Q in Color shoot and last week, out of nowhere, I remember seeing Ted Reader plank mashed potatoes, so I figured why not plank twice baked! Great cook!!

Mike

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Smoked & seared tritip, twice baked planked taters, and green beans
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 09:11:16 AM »
^^ Saw that as well, plank taters is on my short list of things I gotta try. That and the beef looks incredible Nate.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 11:51:28 AM »
Looks like you nailed that tri tip!
Excellent cook

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 03:31:45 PM »
Top to bottom very fine cook! Great looking beef in particular.