Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ranger Restoration Help  (Read 8000 times)

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ranger Restoration Help
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »
Oh My God!

I mean, what? What's so special about that?  ;)

Congrats on a brilliant find!
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 04:03:30 PM »
fark
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

SixZeroFour

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
This is such a cool find, congrats Bill!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
Holy crap. That is a special find. Glad you had the presence of mind to save that. Good luck on the restoration...keep adding pictures...those are great.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 06:35:28 PM »
Welcome to the WKC and killer find! Talk about a diamond in the rough! Congrats!

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »
Welcome
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

HighlandDad

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 04:09:12 AM »
GOOD MORNING!  All I can say, sometimes you get what you need...  Full back story for those with your coffee or beer ready: I walk every morning before work, I get up at 3:40 AM and walk 4 miles, always the same route.  This week was unique that my wife and kids were away on spring break in FL and I was home alone.  Also, my company announced we are downsizing my division by 50% on Tuesday, about 400 jobs impacted and my job was one of them.  Wednesday morning I'm on my normal walk, listening to Gordon Lightfoot radio (Carefree Highway was playing) on my iPhone and as I turn the corner two blocks from home the outline of a grill is sitting at the curb, leaning on a street sign.  The legs caught my attention and I stopped to look, used the flashlight on the phone to see it was yellow, short and in fact a Weber by looking at the vent.  I looked down the two blocks and back at the grill and decided it would be fun to own a yellow grill - I'm sure that is killing some of you, but I honestly didn't know what I found.  I almost left it in another yard because it was darn heavy.  That is pretty much the story, until Troy and Jeff responded to my email for help on finding the front leg and wheel, I hadn't even opened the grill or taken a photo because it was dark and I needed to get to work.  When I got home from work I found everything is still with the grill and was nicely stacked inside.  So, my April Fools Day was good because I not only found out I'm a preferred candidate for a role in the new organization, but I also got to save a wonderful grill and have a great project for the spring.  My family eats at the Weber Lombard restaurant bar from time to time, we have been there for two Thanksgivings and multiple family celebrations.  This grill sits over the bar and now I get to own one too!  Restoration help will come from my coworker - I work in the petrochemical industry as an engineer and he is a welder and wood worker.  He has all the equipment to help with the repair and shop to do it.  He even wants to make me a handle.  (His favorite show is American Pickers and I think he may be more excited about this project!)  That is the rest of the story...
Performer Red / Smokey Joe / Ranger Yellow

Shafzilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 04:26:57 AM »
Awesome find and a good story to go with it. Thanks for taking the time to share it!
"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."- Ron Swanson

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 04:54:13 AM »
Welcome, and best of luck with the resto on that old Warhorse. Can't wait to see the pix!!
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 05:01:15 AM »
good luck with the job HighlandDad.

congrats on a very cool find as well. 

and thanks again for saving the cat.   ;D
I only use kettles with lid bales.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 07:40:18 AM »
"used the flashlight on the phone to see it was yellow, short and in fact a Weber by looking at the vent."

What more could you need from a pile of stuff laying on the sidewalk?

What a great story !!!!! 
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 07:51:46 AM »
Great story! Thanks for sharing and can't wait for the restoration!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 08:57:56 AM »
Just leave it the way it is!

Sell it to a collector that will conserve it.

PLEASE DONT HACK IT!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

HighlandDad

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 06:39:18 AM »
Restoration done.
Performer Red / Smokey Joe / Ranger Yellow