Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lazy way to do pizza....  (Read 2592 times)

Tonybel

• Smokey Joe
Lazy way to do pizza....
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:49:12 PM »
We found an easy simple way to make pizza. Too lazy to do my own dough so here is how we do it.

1.We set up our weber kettle with one full chimney full of charcoal and piece of peach wood.

2. Place the kettle pizza set up and let it get hot for 15 min.

3. Then we put our trader joes pizza crust on the pizza screen and leave it for 3 min on each side.

4.  Take out the crust put on your toppings and take back to the kettle pizza and cook for another 5-8 minutes. Rotating half way thru the cook.

5. Enjoy

This works for us. Any tips or suggestions let me know. There's Always room for improvement.

Thanks for stopping by

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lazy way to do pizza....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
That looks excellent.  You take some phenomenal food pics!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 06:46:53 AM »
Great job! 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 07:35:08 AM »
That looks really good!
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 08:19:40 AM »
Mmmhh mmmmhhh mhhhhh.................gotta git me one of them attachments.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »
I bet, the slow and sear together with the kettle pizza would make amazing pies.  @ABCbarbecue what do you think?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 09:45:54 AM »
I haven't used the kettle pizza accessory before but based on the way he has his fire set up I think the SnS would be a great fit for this application.

Still liking your SnS @LightningBoldtz?

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 09:51:01 AM »
I haven't used the kettle pizza accessory before but based on the way he has his fire set up I think the SnS would be a great fit for this application.

Still liking your SnS @LightningBoldtz?

I do, I prefer it over the smokenator.

Thing is, as I have mentioned before some of us are concerned with damage to the porcelain due to high heat.  This would help that a lot.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
Looks like you got it figured out, pies look awesome!
If I had to make any suggestion it would be not to bank the coals on that sweet MBH brownie, I'd be afraid of crazing. Then again if it's worked before with any problems maybe don't worry about it.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »
You've got me wanting to do some pizza now!! Looks great

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 08:10:42 AM »
I own both a Slow n' Sear and Kettle Pizza and I can verify that they work fantastic in combo. I'm not certain about the science but my theory is that the SnS aids in getting the dome temps hotter quicker while Also isolating the stone surface. I tested dome temps over 900 degrees ( the max reading on my tester) and stone temps right at 550. This gave me a great upper crust browning and rise with a crispy and slightly charred crust belly. An added benefit of the SnS is that it also seems to protect the kettle sides and my table from the high heat required.

Side note: the Trader Joe crust is not bad at all. You have discovered and overcome the problem of the high moisture content effectively. The crust is really meant for an oven and the lower temps and longer cook times. I used them and didn't think to pre-bake. I use my Ken crust recipe using a very old mother yeast and it tastes incredible. But TJ is very good in a pinch.