Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Salmon.  (Read 1264 times)

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
Salmon.
« on: September 29, 2015, 06:05:55 PM »
after our guest left we grilled a salmon fillet. Started with a whole fillet and trimmed the thinner pieces to be used later. Seasoned it with garlic and onion powder, old bay, salt, pepper, lemon, and a touch of white wine. Wifey had bought the grilling basket today so I decided to try it. Works good, cause we like our salmon rare and I was able to flip it and cook the opposite side just a little. Sides were corn and a ranch dressing pasta with 'shrooms and green peas.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
Re: Salmon.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:09:11 PM »
Btw, using hardwood natural lump coal and cooking indirectly skin side down until I flip it at the very end for a quick sear on the flesh side

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:06:17 PM »
That's a nice looking piece of fish and a cool basket. I've never used a fish basket before but I could see it working well.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:21:33 AM »
Is that an atlantic salmon? The albumin is reminiscent of chinook but the skin color and girth is stumping me.

You should have some fresh Columbia river Chinook in MO. by now. They've been netting the crap out of them for 10 days.

Record run again this year. Nobody goes home empty handed.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »
Awesome! I always like to do salmon on the plank

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 04:50:25 PM »
It I supposed to be Atlantic Salmon. We are in Mississippi so a long, long way from salmon territory, so I guess you never really know. I'm wanting to do some on the plank soon. 

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 06:43:18 PM »
I love kettle salmon!
SMOKE THIS!!