Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Yellow Electric Kettle  (Read 23252 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Yellow Electric Kettle
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 04:19:44 PM »
Engineer at a robotics automation/techonology company in Silicon Valley
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »
Ahh, we have a couple fanuc robots on our Cnc machines. We do all Cnc machining, primarily for the rail industry.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2015, 07:23:31 PM »
Ahh, we have a couple fanuc robots on our Cnc machines. We do all Cnc machining, primarily for the rail industry.

Bringing this back on topic, Weber uses Fanuc robotics for many of their processes
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2015, 03:52:39 AM »
Is mentioning that weber uses Fanuc robotics really bringing this back on topic? 

Anyhow I just wanted to mention that I'm still worrying on what exactly to do with this knob.  We have really been busy and I didn't want you to think I forgot.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »
Anyhow I just wanted to mention that I'm still worrying on what exactly to do with this knob.  We have really been busy and I didn't want you to think I forgot.....

@zavod44

Thanks, I have been really busy too so I haven't had any time to work on this grill other than to start cleaning up the outside a little.

The paint on the legs and pedestal are quite faded and worn. Should I just clean it up, or should I do a full re-paint?
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2015, 05:33:40 PM »
My pedestal was fine, but I did have to sand down the legs and repaint them. They were flaking badly with loose paint.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »
I'm a guy who personally likes things original, but that is just a matter of preference.  I think a 1970 GTO judge that's all original is really cool even though it's got a few rough spots, it's 100% original.  The restored ones are cool and incredibly nice, but for me an all original, even with a little faded paint is more intriguing.....but it's a matter of personal taste.  A completely restored Judge is fantastic too...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:45:48 PM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2015, 05:55:34 PM »
I'm a guy who personally likes things original, but that is just a matter of preference.  I think a 1970 GTO judge that's all original is really cool even though it's got a few rough spots, it's 100% original.  The restored ones are cool and incredibly nice, but for me an all original, even with a little faded paint is more intriguing.....but it's a matter of personal taste.  A completely restored Judge is fantastic too...

I have to agree. I have a 1972 Jeep CJ5 with an original V8, first year they came that way. It is all original. Lots of dings and dents, even some rust spots, but overall in good solid shape. When I got it all of my friends wanted me to restore it, jack it up with big tires and make it into a "Badass Jeep". I decided to leave it original and just enjoy it the way it is.  That was the best decision I ever made.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR