Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Score and Write up about Weber Q's  (Read 4491 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
New Score and Write up about Weber Q's
« on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:30 AM »
Over the course of 4 or so years I have had in my possession all varieties of Q's.  After being able to test all of them I have come to the conclusion that the Q is the best gasser for a charcoal guy.

The model you might choose is up to your needs.

In my opinion, the 300/3000 is nice but if I wanted one,  I might as well go full size and get a Genesis or Spirit.

The 200/2000 series is the best of both worlds with size and portability, putting it on the stationary cart is very cool.  I had this setup and loved it but determined it was slightly to big for portability for my needs.  I had the stationary and foldup cart.  When I sold it I only sold the stationary cart and kept the portable cart.

With a foldup cart, cover and hose to hook up to large LP tank in hand I started my hunt for the Q100 series and found it this week.  NIB Weber Q 100, I used to own a Q120 (sold it when I bought my Kamado the great weber sell off for me in 2013) and loved it, this one is going to be one of mine for a while. 

A few pics.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:17:38 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: New Score and Write up about Weber Q's
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »
I am liking the White....cool.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 09:11:26 PM »
I totally agree. I had a great meal made from a q1000 at my in laws (we gifted it to them actually) just last week. We made steak, lobster, and asparagus- cooked in shifts.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 11:55:28 PM »
I've a Q220 for 6ish years. It was my primary grill in college. I have taken it countless places but agree it's a bit on the big side for ultimate portability. Earlier this week I went to Opening Day and met up with my parents who brought their original model Q100 - the inspiration for them gifting me my Q. These are great grills and last forever. In ocean areas with salt air stainless grills rust, but the aa's don't. Eventually you might need to replace the grate or burner tube but the housing is amazing durable.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:58:21 AM »
My first official cook on it

Out of the box

Easter ham and smoked swiss cheese panini.

"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »
Interesting choice for a first cook, I hope your not scared of getting it dirty
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:52 AM »
Interesting choice for a first cook, I hope your not scared of getting it dirty

Nope, second cook was burgers and it got real dirty.  :)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 06:51:37 AM »
My Q100 rocks.  I never thought I would use it as much as I do.  Its my go-to for rushed evening cooks when I don't have the time/attention span for charcoal.  I had always wanted an older Genesis, but I talk myself out of it every time.  My favorite thing to cook on it is peppers and onions.  I chop them up thick, season them with spices and oil, then just toss them directly on the grate with the burner cranked on high.  I shuffle things around every few minutes, but it couldn't get any easier.  I usually wait till they are almost done, and then toss on whatever meat is going with them .  It works awesome for fajita night.  I have also removed the lid and grate to use it as a base for my hand hammered WOK.  That also works great for cooking, but I need to find a better way to secure the WOK from rocking.  I'm thinking about modifying an old 18" cooking grate to do that.

You should see if you can get a set of the flip out side tables for yours.  They aren't super sturdy (I wouldn't trust putting cast iron on them), but work perfect for holding plates, sauces, and such.
-Keith

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 07:12:50 AM »
You should see if you can get a set of the flip out side tables for yours.  They aren't super sturdy (I wouldn't trust putting cast iron on them), but work perfect for holding plates, sauces, and such.

I have had a few with the side tables, they are nice but wasn't necessary for what I do, If I happen to find some on the cheap I may get them but not a huge deal right now.