Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Why can't we get all the Colors??  (Read 4027 times)

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
Why can't we get all the Colors??
« on: April 04, 2015, 05:54:44 AM »
When I was in The UAE a few years ago I saw Kettles and even a Ranch Kettle in a few really cool colors like ivory, a dark blue, light and dark green and the blue and reds we find here in the states. I inquired about US availability on the Weber FB page and via email. The responses were odd....suggesting that they are unaware of there even being "special" colors outside the US. So.....has anyone else been able to find or buy any of these or received a different response from Weber?

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: Why can't we get all the Colors??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 06:17:58 AM »
you saw Ivory and Light Green Ranch Kettles?

was there a yellow brick road leading up to them? 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 06:29:11 AM »
The only thing I've heard is something like BBQ being a novelty outside of the U.S. so the colors are used to entice more users? Here in the states. BBQ being more common, most people are content with black I guess. We are not "most people" :(

They had me at red.

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
I saw a ranch kettle in Crimson. Saw the other kettles in the other colors I mentioned. A look at the Webergrills.ae front page shows a lighter blue, two greens, a purple, bronze and gold colors.

I'm not sure why we can't get these colors but perhaps some encouragement would help. I know my wife likes the colors "OTB": Other Than Black.

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 07:12:47 AM »

From Weber UAE page. I can't copy any other pages with more colors.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 07:31:43 AM »
I'm not sure why we can't get these colors but perhaps some encouragement would help. I know my wife likes the colors "OTB": Other Than Black.
you're on to it right there, "your wife".  i was told that overseas it's the ladies that do the cooking, indoor and outdoor.  so weber uses more colors to entice (as @Craig stated) sales.

but you can get them here, it just costs a little more because you have to import them, in most cases.  i've found euro kettles on craigslist but it was a fluke situation i think.  i just got lucky. 

there was talk of weber in canada doing a limited release of certain color MasterTouch kettles, but nothing has been said since the initial teaser a couple months ago.  so there's hope. 

the more we talk about it, the more weber (should) see that there is a demand.  hopefully they decide to give the north american market more colors. 

I only use kettles with lid bales.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 07:34:13 AM »
One thing is certain. Weber IS listening. Hence the stateside return of the Master Touch. So there is hope.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 07:45:01 AM »
So frustrating! I'd love one of each of those colors - esp the blue wave. Sadly, it's not produced anymore as far as I can tell, even in the UAE.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 08:15:05 AM »
Supposedly the Ace Dubai Royalty is the largest Stocking Weber Dealer anywhere in the world and they have every model and every color. I know a lot of Americans living and working in the UAE purchase there. They delivery service is huge as I saw their trucks all over Dubai and Ajman.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:58 AM »
Check the pic at this link. Home Depot display just put up. i thought it was interesting that they wanted to highlight the different colors that ARE available. Baby steps ....

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/dgdeckert/2D15092A-0CC7-4A79-A672-45F1F7162F30_zpstktr826x.jpg
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 09:36:24 AM »
I think I would have to name an Ivory 26" the "Brahma Bull". Or Wave Blue Ranch "Babe" after Paul Bunyan's blue ox 8)

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »
I'll give my left one for a wave blue 26r
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 06:17:39 PM »
My wants are much simpler - just a Copper MasterTouch 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 06:37:06 PM »
I was told by my Spanish in-laws that the weber stuff is kind of high end and fashionable.  They are still getting their heads around American backyard style cooking and the neat colors make it more approachable.  Meaning you look you have an awesome looking grill and that alone makes you awesome.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 06:44:47 PM »
I was told by my Spanish in-laws that the weber stuff is kind of high end and fashionable.  They are still getting their heads around American backyard style cooking and the neat colors make it more approachable.  Meaning you look you have an awesome looking grill and that alone makes you awesome.

I think people with awesome looking grills are awesome for that fact alone... Isn't that one of the reasons we're here? 8)