Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kenmore Kettle??  (Read 4833 times)

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
Kenmore Kettle??
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »
Any Kenmore-branded Kettles out there?

I rescued one from the alley and it cleaned up nicely. I wasn't sure it was a Weber until I went to replace a few parts and they all interchanged perfectly. Anyone else have one?

SixZeroFour

Re: Kenmore Kettle??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »
Your kettle is actually a Happy Cooker! They also re-branded under a few other names... I have a Montgomery Ward HC kettle here at the house :)

Here is another member who recently posted a Kenmore version:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/happy-cooker-items-wanted/msg151674/#msg151674
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
Mine doesn't look like that one. The handle, vents etc. all seem very similar to my other Webers. I'm not sure how to post a pic from my phone to this post but I'd love to know for sure.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 11:25:12 AM »
If you download the tapatalk app you can post pics easily...

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
I downloaded it but still trying to load pics.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:47:56 PM »
When you go to reply to a post there should be a little plus sign "+" just above or to the left of the text window then you can snap and upload direct from there.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:49:55 PM by SixZeroFour »

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 05:06:37 PM »

The handles, legs, lid and grates etc. are identical to my Webers but you can see in the pic the old wooden handle is Kenmore branded. If this ain't a Weber it is a hell of a knock-off.

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »

The lid for the crimson gold fits the Kenmore perfectly. Both lids are formed exactly the same. I'm not sure if any of that means the Kenmore was made by Weber but all the metal work looks the same to me.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 05:28:56 PM »
Oh cool! I don't recall seeing one like that before! The handles especially look more weber like with the single screw... Hmm, interesting.

@Idahawk have you seen one like this before?

Can you snap a shot of the leg socket?

I'm going to try my lid on a weber right now :)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 05:30:27 PM »
The lid for the crimson gold fits the Kenmore perfectly. Both lids are formed exactly the same. I'm not sure if any of that means the Kenmore was made by Weber but all the metal work looks the same to me.

I think it means your crimson kettle was made by Kenmore. There! Mystery solved.

Nice patio setup there. Was just thinking today it'd be nice to have some stovetop burners outside. It'd be the one thing I'd reliably use gas for.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 05:35:03 PM »
Thinking back there were super plain Sears kettles but thats the first Kenmore branded one I've seen.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 05:46:41 PM »
Less expensive version, made for Sears & Roebuck, by Weber to sell in their stores.....
(sound familiar? Walmart's $79 one, currently available)
Things to look for are the bolt-on, unstamped vents & sometimes, the fewer wires in the triangle....

The squared off plastic handle ones (like in 604's link) were also made FOR Sears, but BY Happy Cooker....
Things to look for are the plastic handles, most often rusty legs, as Happy's had steel legs....the one in that link has replacement Weber undercarriage.....there are also leg sockets openings to accept thumbscrews....visible on the one in the link....
Also, usually, the internal ash pan.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

SixZeroFour

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »
Less expensive version, made for Sears & Roebuck, by Weber to sell in their stores.....
(sound familiar? Walmart's $79 one, currently available)
Things to look for are the bolt-on, unstamped vents & sometimes, the fewer wires in the triangle....

The Sears model kettle bowl sometimes has an extra ridge to it as well I believe, but clearly yours doesn't have that. There seem to be many variations out there.

Cool find Tuberoller!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:09:22 PM by SixZeroFour »

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »

It was pretty nasty and the grates were in really bad shape but it looks and cooks terrific with new grates and baskets.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 01:25:18 AM »
I think I have its little brother … 18".  Only one handle on the bowl.
Missing a wood handle, and the remaining one was too weathered.  Is there a vent code on the lid vent?  Mine has a "K".

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/i-thought-it-was-a-weber/

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.