Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kenmore Kettle??  (Read 4834 times)

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kenmore Kettle??
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:13 AM »
I gave peaspurple a faded Kenmore branded 22" 3 wheeler. It had plastic bolt-on handles though.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 09:16:22 AM »
I bought a sears branded "weber made" kettle some time ago as well.  The internal ash pan was the pay off for me on that one.

FWIW, i think i hypothesized that it was weber made, but from some HC tooling after the sale of some HC assets in the 70s/80s.  it had letter code vent for example.

Tuberoller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »
What does the ash pan look like?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 11:16:18 AM »
What does the ash pan look like?

Check here....

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/wtb-happy-cooker-internal-ash-pan/

that's a pretty good pic of one......just sits on the charcoal grate tabs & then the grate sits in on top of that.....little holes all around the edge let the air in evenly .....

I bought a sears branded "weber made" kettle some time ago as well.  The internal ash pan was the pay off for me on that one.

FWIW, i think i hypothesized that it was weber made, but from some HC tooling after the sale of some HC assets in the 70s/80s.  it had letter code vent for example.

This is entirely possible / probable too.....we know they bought up all the machinery & used it for their own....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"