Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Custom Table for a Garage Sale Weber  (Read 1484 times)

Andrew

• Smokey Joe
Custom Table for a Garage Sale Weber
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:06:07 PM »
I picked up this guy last year, got the table from work. It's a steel desk with a fireproof, Chem proof lab table top. Cut a hole for the grill and just set it in there, then added some hooks and presto- custom bar b que table. I also added an aluminum bucket to the bottom where the ash try used to be. Any suggestions on making it better are appreciated.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Custom Table for a Garage Sale Weber
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »
... and just set it in there, then added some hooks...

Got any pictures of how the kettle is suspended? Seems to be a common question when folks make their own tables.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
Nice looking set-up!

That material is super tough.  Almost harder than rock.  Gotta go real slow when cutting.
I have some as a table top for my work-top area in my garage. 
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Andrew

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:57:04 PM »
I just cut a hole and set the kettle in it. No need to suspend or keep it away from the top since it's lab table top. It's heat proof. I also like that plan because if I need to change out the kettle or take it out for cleaning I can just lift it out

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 03:33:54 PM »
Sweet table there, and a great garage sale find there with that copper kettle!