Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wanna help a NOOB choose his combo?  (Read 5852 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Wanna help a NOOB choose his combo?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 09:49:53 AM »

Hell, sometimes I have trouble finding threads that I started! My ADHD is only kept in check by my OCD...or is it the other way around?  ;)

JC, just use the search function for your own posts.......

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/profile/?area=showposts;u=288
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 10:22:21 AM »

Hell, sometimes I have trouble finding threads that I started! My ADHD is only kept in check by my OCD...or is it the other way around?  ;)

JC, just use the search function for your own posts.......

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/profile/?area=showposts;u=288
Ken, I have been able to use that function on my laptop. My old phone had issues when trying to click small links on a Web page .  Most of my forum time has been on my phone using Tapatalk, which only let's me see the last 20 posts or topics from my profile. >:(
I have a new Samsung Galaxy and I just tried those links in Web view and they worked perfectly!  Whoo-hoo, technology! ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 05:31:37 PM »
If you want to test drive cheaply, grab one or two 22's or 18's on Craigslist. Get some beat up ones cheap to experiment with size combinations, and see if 22" cuts it or you need the 26.

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 03:35:08 AM »
Looks like this has been covered well by the guys here but thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I started with a 22 and realized I needed more room fairly quickly and grabbed 2 more. I was luck to get an SS performer which is my main cooker with the 2 Master Touch 22's also used for different purposes. Recently I scored a 26 and as Troy said the extra room is super handy. I've cooked for parties using that and had great results. I also have a GA which is great for quickly cooking up steaks. They can be very nifty and quite cheap to pick up second hand.

Hope that helps.

J

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 06:29:48 AM »
I'd recommend starting with a 26r. I personally feel as tho they are easier to cook on in indirect situations and if you want to cook a whole meal on one grill.

I like to fill a pair of baskets full. Place them together under a sear grate on one side of the grill. That's my sear zone. And work around that section for all other foods. Works good for me.

Go for a performer or a 18otg as a second grill. Or just pimp out the 26r with a set of craycorts.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.