Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pesto grouper  (Read 1483 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Pesto grouper
« on: March 09, 2015, 03:00:03 PM »
I started with a recipe from the fish's bag but didn't really follow it. The basic idea was to have a pesto sauce to dip each fillet in, then pour remaining on top of the fillets. Turned out well! Super simple.

I used a 10.5" CI pan on an 18.5" kettle. I lit about 1 small chimney's worth of lump and cooked it indirectly for 30 mins but it didn't look done. These images were at the end, after I'd moved the pan over the coals for a few more minutes. Don't ask me the temps for any of this; I didn't know it.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pesto grouper
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:03:44 PM »
Sounds and look great!!!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 03:22:43 PM »
I generally do not eat fish but damn that looks good....I would give it a go forsure.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 03:34:57 PM »
Never had grouper - what's the texture? Soft and flaky like halibut or more meaty like a swordfish? Or somewhere in between?

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »
That looks incredible!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »
Never had grouper - what's the texture? Soft and flaky like halibut or more meaty like a swordfish? Or somewhere in between?

I'm no fish expert. This was soft and flakey, like I've had in restaurants.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »
I bet that was good especially if you had a side of greens to go with that.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »
Funny you should mention that. I spend most of my grilling time trying to not ruin expensive meat that I usually don't have the bandwidth (or enough arms) to additionally tackle veggies outside.

It's normal for us to have plain white rice and steamed broccoli florets (the rice cooker does both at the same time automatically) or basic veggies on the stove. I was thinking of that tonight. Two bland parts and the WHAMMO of the meat's spice. It's actually kind of an interesting mix, although not an exciting one.