Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Balsamic Beef Ribs, Butternut Squash and Pear Salad  (Read 2432 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Balsamic Beef Ribs, Butternut Squash and Pear Salad
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »
These were some of the best beef ribs I have ever eaten. I got the idea from the Barbecue Addict website that Buckie posted the other day. If you have never tried the balsamic baste, don't put it off, take the plunge. The balsamic really did something special to the meat. My presentation wasn't great, but I am going to do this one again soon. :)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Balsamic Beef Ribs, Butternut Squash and Pear Salad
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »

Alright !!!
A Smokin' Gal recipe !!!

Looks pretty dang good to me.....

That woman is the single deepest fount of ideas I've found in one place.......

There's a few folks around that are really well versed in cooking applied to BBQ
Jeannie from Brethern, my buddy Jarhead from Smoke Ring, our very own Larry Wolfe & there's
probably some others with blogs & such I've never even heard of....but for sheer execution she's the best !!!

Really glad you took the ball & ran with it .....Good Show !!!

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »
I love those big beef ribs. It's just so hard to get any with a decent amount of meat on them. I was rummaging around in the freezer a few minutes ago and almost pulled some out. (Went with walleye instead. ;) ) I'll have to give that baste a shot. I usually just salt and pepper them.

I had butternut squash with lunch as well. They are one of the things that did well in the garden this year and I got several that weighed over 5 lb. Did you know that you can slice them about 3/4" thick and grill them as well? You just have to be careful as there is a narrow margin between done and falling through the grate.
kettles, smokers...

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
I love those big beef ribs. It's just so hard to get any with a decent amount of meat on them. I was rummaging around in the freezer a few minutes ago and almost pulled some out. (Went with walleye instead. ;) ) I'll have to give that baste a shot. I usually just salt and pepper them.

I had butternut squash with lunch as well. They are one of the things that did well in the garden this year and I got several that weighed over 5 lb. Did you know that you can slice them about 3/4" thick and grill them as well? You just have to be careful as there is a narrow margin between done and falling through the grate.
That's a great tip Hank! I am going to grill some the next time I pick up a butternut. A five pounder would take up the whole grill! :o

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 01:44:50 AM »
Yes I'm a lazy bugger...... How bout a link to the balsamic beef ribs receipe?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:56:15 AM »

Here's Smokin' Gal's page ~~>

http://www.barbecueaddict.com

Not sure where the balsamic thing is, but stuff's pretty easy to find on there.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:24:43 AM »
Not sure where the balsamic thing is, but stuff's pretty easy to find on there.......

Google "site:www.barbecueaddict.com balsamic" and the first link is http://www.barbecueaddict.com/?p=255
kettles, smokers...

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 06:46:12 AM »
Thanks, it was the "Dark Cherry Balsamic Beef Ribs". I just used regular balsamic because I had it, but am going to look for the cherry.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
Looks real good!  :D

Craig

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »
That's it now I'm hungry, looks sooo good!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.