Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Being too snoby?  (Read 2900 times)

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
Being too snoby?
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »
Not so sure about this accessory. I can see it for the charcoal grill, but for a gas grill? I have a gas grill, I could see it being used for the rotisserie...but little else.

http://webernation.weber.com/grilling-inspiration/01_02_2013

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Being too snoby?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »
No, snobby is when you click to view all 21 accessories & the little box tells you "Ths is not available yet !"
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
It only makes sense to make that system of accessories available to owners of gas grills as well.  I'll leave the benefits of gassers for another post. They won't replace charcoal at my house but they are another useful tool in the arsenal.
kettles, smokers...

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
I wish the gourmet system for the kettle was all CI like the Craycort
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:34:23 PM »
It just seems like it places the CI accessory only slightly closer to the heat source on a gas grill, whereas I can pile the coals up underneath to any height I want and get any temp I want on a charcoal grill with this system. I like my gasser, I use my gasser, I just wouldn't use this accessory with my gasser... that is unless it made using my rotisserie on the gasser more versatile. It would be nice to have the grill space to cook or keep something warm while the rotisserie was going.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:46:26 PM by Chad A »

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »
No, snobby is when you click to view all 21 accessories & the little box tells you "Ths is not available yet !"

Now Buckie, were you that kid who peeked at his presents under the tree BEFORE Christmas day  ;)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »
This accessory is not really new at all. I knew about this back in October. I was going to buy one directly from Weber for my 2001 Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill. Then I found out that they don't make them for the older Genesis grills. The Weber website has been updated to show all the new products for 2013. All 21 of those products on the list are already on the Weber website I'm sure. 
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
This accessory is not really new at all. I knew about this back in October. I was going to buy one directly from Weber for my 2001 Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill. Then I found out that they don't make them for the older Genesis grills. The Weber website has been updated to show all the new products for 2013. All 21 of those products on the list are already on the Weber website I'm sure.

I gotta get out to the Weber site more often, I only found this because of the marketing email I received today. ::)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »
If you go to the Weber website, there is a tab at the top of the page called "Shop". Click on that and the second tab down on the left says "New products" Click on that and it will show you all the new products for 2013.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »
If you go to the Weber website, there is a tab at the top of the page called "Shop". Click on that and the second tab down on the left says "New products" Click on that and it will show you all the new products for 2013.
That's not coming up for me. There is a drop down called "Shop" but it does not include "New Products." Can you provide a URL?

thanks,
hank
kettles, smokers...

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 04:56:32 AM »
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm