Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Demo Restoration, Please don't kick me out!  (Read 5782 times)

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
Re: Demo Restoration, Please don't kick me out!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 02:49:32 PM »
Should be done sand blasting tomorrow. My compressor is having a hard time keeping  up. After that some filler, then I have to decide on powder coat or jet hot. Thanks for the tips and interest. I hope it's worth all the time.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 03:56:59 PM »
There's high heat powder coat & regular.......check into it  first......

Very interested here also....I've had that very can of Argentflame (his real name's Alvin) fill in my hand several times & did not buy.....

My brother told me a tale of automotive people saying that it will expand under heat at a different rate than the original metal & possibly fail.....

Personally, I think it will be fine, esp. after it's coated over with the finish material & contained, if you will.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »
Should be done sand blasting tomorrow. My compressor is having a hard time keeping  up. After that some filler, then I have to decide on powder coat or jet hot. Thanks for the tips and interest. I hope it's worth all the time.
Jet hot coating will be up to the task, but it's not cheap. I have had Jet Hot coating on three sets of headers on high performance big block chevys, and all of them have held up awesome over the years. Certain types of Jet Hot coating can withstand 2500 degrees, so I don't think you would have a problem.

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 06:00:23 PM »
Jet hot coating will be up to the task, but it's not cheap. I have had Jet Hot coating on three sets of headers on high performance big block chevys, and all of them have held up awesome over the years. Certain types of Jet Hot coating can withstand 2500 degrees, so I don't think you would have a problem.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay to coat your headers?

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 06:32:37 PM »
I had mine set done (big block chevy as well) a few years ago.  Paid about 200 at the time.  Look awesome today still.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 07:34:53 AM »
Jet Hot wants $350 plus shipping to and from. That's out of my price range.

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 09:59:46 AM »
Just google "ceramic coating your city," or start calling up the powder coating places in your area and find out if they do ceramic coatings (if they don't ask who does locally), or talk to some of the local motorcycle / vintage car guys and see where they take their headers / exhausts to get coated.