Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up the new cover for the 2015 Performer Deluxe  (Read 1903 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Picked up the new cover for the 2015 Performer Deluxe
« on: January 20, 2015, 06:57:31 PM »
So as you know I picked up a 2015 Performer Deluxe earlier this year.  I tried to cram on the old cover from my old performer, and it went on but it was very tight...Today I was wondering through Ace and I saw they had a bunch of new stuff including the cover for the new performer.  It is really nice.  I have to say this new Weber stuff is really well thought out, from the new features on the grills to some of the new accessories to this new cover.  The cover comes with a bag attached so when you take it off you can wad it up and tuck it into a nice little pouch.  What a great idea.  Whenever I pull my covers off they just lay in the yard or I need to find a place to stash them for the day.  Not with this one, it folds up into the bag in a nice little package.

Here is the old one crammed on.....

New one

Much better fit.  The material is a little different.  We'll see how this holds up.  That old one I had was three years old, and it was still in great shape.....

As I said I can't get over how much Weber is constantly trying to improve this stuff, and in my opinion how well the improvements are...... The only drawback was the price.  It was $54 and change, that's pretty high.  It better hold up for a long time...
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Picked up the new cover for the 2015 Performer Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
Nice! Even though the new Master Touch is taller, I may invest in the MT cover for my Gold this year. The elongated bowl handle straps make it a bear trying to fit the old style cover over it.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:04:20 PM »
the new material is supposed to be a lot more durable.

the old covers were some sort of vinyl, the new ones are reinforced polyester

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »
I have new cover for my gasser, I did like the weight of the older one,but hey was free! Contacted Weber and they replaced it, had some cracks in it. Then some dude on ebay bought the old one, got $5 out of it, better then just going in the trash.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 04:39:16 PM »
We'll see if it's more durable, it seems a little thinner to me, but that doesn't mean less durable

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »
I can report that I noticed beaded water on the cover, maybe it's more water resistant than the others?