Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hinged Cooking Grate  (Read 5344 times)

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
Re: Hinged Cooking Grate
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »
Glad you were able to score a deal. I'm interested in a wok and the seat grate I suppose. I snagged the griddle, which I still need to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 05:07:43 PM »
Has anyone seen a deal on the inserts?  It seems if Lowes is blowing out the Grates, that they will have to soon blow out the inserts.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 12:37:08 AM »
I've looked at my regular Lowes and it has been regular price. When I saw this post today, I called them and they had one in stock, full price. Called another and they had three in stock, $14 ea.  I had them hold two and went down there and bought all three. Interesting thing, they were on the shelf with no price. In the system, they were $14.

It can be worth calling around.

The accessories/inserts were full price still.  Maybe those will go n sale somewhere. I guess I'd get the sear grate insert. The inserts don't excite me so much. I'm going to use with my actual wok and the vortex I recently ordered.

Dayum! I've only picked up 3 kettles in the Rainer Valley in the last 9 years! And I'm an old Capitol Hillbilly!

Been checking the bLowes and Home Despot a couple times a week on my way home from work in the mornings and the grates are never on sale in the Northend!  Nice score!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 01:39:31 AM »

Has anyone seen a deal on the inserts?  It seems if Lowes is blowing out the Grates, that they will have to soon blow out the inserts.

I got a griddle insert on sale. I've been trying to score the searing grate and I really want to score a wok too.

My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 06:34:53 AM »
Swamp.....you're the only other guy I know that calls them what I've called 'em for years.....Home Despot
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 10:08:49 AM »
I called a few stores here. One had them for $30, and one had them for $27.  Just have to wait it out, i guess.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 04:05:23 AM »
I can not express how jealous I am between the folks getting the clearance deals on these grates at lowes and the people getting the clearance deals on the performers at home depot. 

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 05:03:33 AM »
crumbsnatcher hooked me up with the cast iron grate insert that were on sale at  his local Ace Hardware. He gave a heads up on his score, and I hit up 3 in my area and none were even in stock, so there ya go! Gotta love this community!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 07:38:05 AM »
i think some were on sale at my local lowes. im trying to get back there in a few days i will post update.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 07:57:29 AM »
If they ever drop  in price here, I'll buy all I can and share the love.

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 07:58:03 AM »
I'm in on a sear grate if anybody grabs another at s good price