Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **18.5" Cajun Bandit Stacker conversion**  (Read 5419 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**18.5" Cajun Bandit Stacker conversion**
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:56 PM »
I'm stoked at how this has come together. Took the Red "G" and added the 18.5" Cajun Bandit Stacker kit.

Stainless steel charcoal ring

I've added a 1/8" steel disc for the heat deflector instead of the aluminum pizza pan. I'll keep the pan and foil it over for a drip pan.

Rotisserie ring and its ready for action!

Much better alternative than the SJP/Jumbo Joe IMO.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:21:50 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: **18.5" Cajun Bandit Stacker conversion**
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
Looks great. Can't wait to see that baby loaded with meat. Have fun.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

hogsfan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
Hi,
Looks great! Do you mind me asking why the stacker would not work with the jumbo joe as well. I have one and was thinking about purchasing a stacker.

Thanks,
Justin

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 06:18:56 PM »
Love the red stacker.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:32:13 PM »
Hi,
Looks great! Do you mind me asking why the stacker would not work with the jumbo joe as well. I have one and was thinking about purchasing a stacker.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin,  I think they are slightly different sizes.....I could be wrong but swamp will know for sure......he's about the king of this kinda stuff......

@swamprb  ?

That looks terrific, BTW !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »
Hi,

Thanks,
Justin

Hey Justin! Here is a shot of the Cajun Bandit reversible rotisserie ring on my SJP.

The Stacker is 10" tall and the rotis ring is 6" tall.

There is no reason it won't work with a Jumbo Joe, I just dig redheads and wanted the rock solid stability that the CB legs bring to the table.

Hope this helps!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

hogsfan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »
Thanks! It helps quite a bit. Did you find the SJP to be top heavy or wobbly? I know my mini wsm used to lean a little when the legs got hot under the weight of the mini and I don't want to run into that type of situation again. Have you found the legs to be insufficient? I hope you don't mind the questions but these CB toys aren't cheap...as you would know, obviously. ;-)

Thanks in advance.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:37:50 PM »
Thanks! It helps quite a bit. Did you find the SJP to be top heavy or wobbly? I know my mini wsm used to lean a little when the legs got hot under the weight of the mini and I don't want to run into that type of situation again. Have you found the legs to be insufficient? I hope you don't mind the questions but these CB toys aren't cheap...as you would know, obviously. ;-)

Thanks in advance.

I have a couple Mini SJ Smokers (14") and was always thinking the legs were too wobbly, but to be perfectly honest, they are fine. The SJP/Jumbo Joe legs will be able to handle both the Stacker and the rotis ring with no problem.

hogsfan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »
Great to know. Thanks!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
I left a couple of web-mails to CB about my getting a set of those legs - no response.  They don't list a phone number :-(
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)