Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza  (Read 1774 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Pizza
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:59:58 PM »
Used a store bought dough... Used two tubes for each pie. Pre baked the dough on the kettle for five minutes, then added sauce and toppings, back on for 9 minutes. Made quarter turns every 3 min.

Using a basic but trusty A code beater for pizza cooks.

Pie number one.

Pie number two..

Presentation not "great" but it beats the hell out of delivery. Kids loved it! Made for some great leftovers at work today.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 11:03:24 PM »
awesome!

I can't wait until I can find a decent 22.5 black to make a dedicated pizza cooker. I have the KP in box and a stone and peel, just trying to find a cheap 22.5 blacky to become my pizza cooker.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Craig

• WKC Mod
Pizza
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 11:15:11 PM »
Thanks!

Yeah when I finally do get a KP, this is the kettle that it will be paired with. I figure I've got to have one true workhorse that will get well used and abused for high heat pizza cooks. This one reminds me of the beater black 22's that are used at this place we stayed at in the Ozarks .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:17:21 PM by Craig »

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:21:37 AM »
awesome!

I can't wait until I can find a decent 22.5 black to make a dedicated pizza cooker. I have the KP in box and a stone and peel, just trying to find a cheap 22.5 blacky to become my pizza cooker.

I snatched this one up for just that reason.

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 05:54:53 AM »
@Craig, what is the surface that you are cooking on? It looks like cast iron, does it have a lip?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:01:12 PM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 08:57:03 AM »
Nice looking Pizza!!
DIY setups are the best :)

Falstaff

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »
Great looking pizzas. I did the same thing today.  I didn't remember to take pics before cutting and eating - I was hungry!  I have a Pizza Kettle.  Hadn't been used in a while. The smooth edged pizzas were Trader Joes pizza crust.  The rought edged pizzas were Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free pizza crust.  I actually preferred the latter.  Anyway, thanks to those who gave me tips a week or two ago.mmso how do I insert a photo?  Thanks.