Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: middle east meets west  (Read 1457 times)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
middle east meets west
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:50:24 PM »
I receive the cookbook "Jerusalem" for Christmas.  It really is a great cookbook filled with some new approaches to food.  The first thing I made was hummus from scratch and it came out great.  I was anxious to try a "fusion" cook to combine some flavors:
From the west, we have marinated boneless ribeye.  The marinate is soy sauce, worcestershire, lemon, basil, garlic, white pepper, parsley, salt and olive oil:

Put the steak into a ziplock with the marinate and left it in the fridge for 6 hours.

Bisbee gets the call for this cook:

Bisbee was sporting Mahogany tonight thanks to @MacEggs :

I mixed the hummus with some hatch green chilie to form a bed for the steak:

Roasting some pine nuts and baking a sweet potato.  Bisbee's solid copper top is starting to get some pantina:

Time to fire the Ribeye.  Went direct over Royal Oak lump and finished indirect.  That metal thing with the curly cue on the end is a steak flipper that my blacksmith buddy made for me:

The payoff.  Steak on green chile hummus with toasted pine nuts and drizzle of olive oil, cucumber salad with yogurt/sour cream/sumac dressing, grill roasted sweet potato, caesar salad, and Napa cabernet:

Winz

In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
Re: middle east meets west
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
looks good, gave me an idea now, about taking off a cast iron grate from my gasser and use it on the kettle.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 06:24:21 AM »
Fantastic looking meal. Hummus made from scratch is much better tasting.

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »
great cook and  idea with the middle east fusion I just picked up a NY strip and was going to just use steak spice but this has me thinking....
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 04:44:24 PM »
Brilliant cook up Winz - love the creativity!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E