Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Statesmen Change Announcement  (Read 6615 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Statesmen Change Announcement
« on: December 28, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »
As many of you know, the WKC is put together and maintained by the volunteer efforts of a team of passionate and committed community members.

Today, five long-time Statesmen are retiring - or at least, stepping away for a while.

I would like to personally give my respects and thanks for all of the contributions and commitments these 5 gentlemen have given to the WKC and community over the last couple of years.

Landgraftj
G
HeyJude
Mike.Stavlund
MartyG

Please give a virtual round of applause for these 5 men. This club would not be the same without them and the work they've done for us.

EDIT: Mike is back :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:24:35 PM by Troy »

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Statesmen Change Announcement
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
Thank you gentlemen.
I have received a lot of good advice from all of these grillfellas. I hope that we will still be receiving their wisdom!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »
Thank you gentlemen.
I have received a lot of good advice from all of these grillfellas. I hope that we will still be receiving their wisdom!

+1. 
Please stay in the shadows of the WKC and all that it stands for ….   :) :D ;) … Thank you.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »
Thanks guys. You are pillars of this community.

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 05:38:12 PM »
Thanks for helping make this place what it is.
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 07:24:31 PM »
Thank you all and hope to see you around the forums. The WKC would not be what it is today without the knowledge of each of these Grillfellas.

Cheers guys!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work you have all done for the site and all that was done behind the scenes as well.  The site wouldn't be the same without all your inputs!  Please continue to participate at your own paces!  We all have life changes and ever evolving priorities! 
Kettle collector AND cooker!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 08:25:06 AM »
Thanks guys!
May The Smoke Be With You!

bama bbq

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 11:37:42 AM »
Thanks fellas. I don't post a lot but I stop by regularly and read. Your influence is profound.

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 03:29:11 PM »
Thank you guys for making this place what it is
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »
When this all started I was begging Troy to start a new grill site.  I think the grill world needed a dedicated Kettle site and that's what this has become.  I personally invited a few of those guys to come here to this site.  Some were reluctant, and when they got here they were at home and even rising the level of Statesmen.  Some of the others were here from day one.  Literally, there were six guys here on day one and a few of those guys have stepped down.  I know interests wane, but these guys will be missed.  I know there are a few good old guys left and some really great new guys who have joined the fold.  I'll truly miss the guys who left and it wouldn't be what it is today without them....I know they are not gone, and I'm glad they aren't.  Change isn't always bad, but it is an end of an era for sure. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:46:27 PM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »
When this all started I was begging Troy to start a new grill site.  I think the grill world needed a dedicated Kettle site and that's what this has become.  I personally invited a few of those guys to come here to this site.  Some were reluctant, and when they got here they were at home and even rising the level of Statesmen.  Some of the others were here from day one.  Literally, there were six guys here on day one and a few of those guys have stepped down.  I know interests wane, but these guys will be missed.  I know there are a few good old guys left and some really great new guys who have joined the fold.  I'll truly miss the guys who left and it wouldn't be what it is today without them....

What he said :)

For what its worth, these guys aren't leaving the site (at least, I hope not).
They're just stepping down, or taking a break from committing a part of their lives to making the site itself better.

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 08:42:20 PM »
Congrats to all of you! It is well deserved.
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
@Heyjude @MartyG @mike.stavlund @G @landgraftj

I want to thank all of you guys for your hard work and contributions that have made the WKC THE go to place for all of us. I joined WKC in it's 3rd month of existence and so much has changed since those days. We've learned so much that most of us "old timers" were still feeling our way around with the hobby when it all started. I know that all of you will continue to contribute to the community and share your love for this hobby and your insights. Thank You and stay smokey!  8)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 02:54:06 AM »
Yeah, I have been a little confused with the announcement.  Basically, all these guys are still on the board they are stepping away from a leadership role and passing that on to others is what I am gathering.

Thanks guys for helping make this site what it is.  I was thinking about it the other day and we have been pretty successful at avoiding the pitfalls that make this a good forum to a bad one without having to name an overlord to filter anything that this person may or may not agree with.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.