Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A parade of Zav custom handles  (Read 130120 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A parade of Zav custom handles
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
My favorites so far are the black walnut burl and the high figured cedar. Beautiful work Brian.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2016, 01:45:16 PM »
I love that tiger wood... Salivating. 

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »

I love that tiger wood... Salivating. 

Thought that might look good with my recently acquired yellow. Although black walnut burl would look very nice as well

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »

@ weldboy - that looks awesome.  I might have to call Zav back and order tiger wood and black walnut. Not sure if I have koa. I do have high figured cedar and Eastern red cedar coming.

Love high figured cedar. Ive got mun ebony handles coming as well as a few others. Very excited to see those mun handles on the ivory.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »

@ weldboy - that looks awesome.  I might have to call Zav back and order tiger wood and black walnut. Not sure if I have koa. I do have high figured cedar and Eastern red cedar coming.

Love high figured cedar. Ive got mun ebony handles coming as well as a few others. Very excited to see those mun handles on the ivory.

Which handles on your Ivory?  I was thinking of Black and white ebony on mine.  This maybe my favorite so far. Tiger wood, Zebra, or Cedar might all be nice on Ivory too.

I got much more handles to load up here. All of his handles are amazing. Hard choices which one goes on which kettle. Lots of fun though.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »

Which handles on your Ivory?  I was thinking of Black and white ebony on mine.  This maybe my favorite so far. Tiger wood, Zebra, or Cedar might all be nice on Ivory too.

I got much more handles to load up here. All of his handles are amazing. Hard choices which one goes on which kettle. Lots of fun though.

Mun ebony

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2016, 05:51:13 PM »
Nice!  Where you get the pic if you still waiting for the Mun ebony.  Just wondering.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »

Nice!  Where you get the pic if you still waiting for the Mun ebony.  Just wondering.

I bought the two blanks on eBay, as well as this one Zav had on eBay.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2016, 06:45:29 AM »

I bought the two blanks on eBay, as well as this one Zav had on eBay.

Thanks!  Mun ebony is really nice.

few more.

Sap wood walnut:

Lacewood:

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2016, 06:46:53 AM »
Those look fantastic

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2016, 06:55:56 AM »
Those Lacewood handles are flippin' far-out dude.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
The Blue MBH has a walnut handle, with clear penetrating stain and finished with "satin" spar urethane.

The Red MBH has a birds eye maple handle, with clear penetrating stain and finished with "satin" spar urethane.

@zavod44  sent me exactly what I asked for, thanks Brian!

@Jason, what rivets did you use on these handles and where did you pick them up from? I need to get a pair for a "special project" I have going on.
Rollin coal

26" 2010 AD Code (Black), 22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” 2018 CB (Crimson),22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2016, 12:01:41 PM »
@Vwbuggin64   Zavod handles come with a screw and a cover that make it look like a rivot
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2016, 12:09:06 PM »
@Vwbuggin64   Zavod handles come with a screw and a cover that make it look like a rivot

Awesome thanks!
Rollin coal

26" 2010 AD Code (Black), 22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” 2018 CB (Crimson),22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2016, 02:11:03 PM »
Those Lacewood handles are flippin' far-out dude.

They are pretty awesome but wondering if these Lacewood I been told are actually Leopardwood.

Lacewood -
Has a very conspicuous flecking that gives this wood its namesake. The wood itself is a reddish brown with grey or light brown rays, which result in a lace pattern when quartersawn.

Leopardwood -
Has a very conspicuous flecking that gives this wood its namesake. The wood itself is a medium to dark reddish brown with grey or light brown rays, which resemble the spots of a leopard.
Leopardwood is frequently confused with Lacewood, and is sometimes referred to as such.  Leopardwood (Roupala spp.) can usually be separated from most species of Lacewood (Panopsis spp.) based upon its darker color and higher density.

Regardless, they are beautiful.