Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 3 Kinds of Drums  (Read 787 times)

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
3 Kinds of Drums
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »
picked up a pack of chicken drumsticks and wanted to try a few different rubs for the first time on chicken (Club House habanero & roasted garlic and SixZeroFour's rub) as well as some jerk because I have a slight obsession with jerk chicken :)  I pulled the skin down to season and they sat with the rub on for 3 hours. used oak and pecan chunks. lid temp was 425 for most of the cook then i added half a chimney to crisp the skin at 450-460.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting Left:Habanero/garlic middle: jerk right: 604

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting
crispy skin, dripping with juices and pink from the outside in.

Free Image Hosting
picked up a bottle of this at costco the other day. had a little on the side to keep things festive. It's good but for my taste it needs a little doctoring. I'll be adding diced apple, salt, pepper and a dash of cinnamon to it for with the Christmas turkey.

Big thanks to SixZeroFour for the rub sample. I've now had it on wings, drums, pork chops, stuffed peppers and bacon wrapped hotdogs. Still need to get it on ribs and a small butt. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:54:14 AM by AcrossFromHoss »
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

bwb

• Smokey Joe
Re: 3 Kinds of Drums
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »
Looks great- I prefer drums or thighs over white meat any day!
09 Green Performer, 04 Silver Genesis A...

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: 3 Kinds of Drums
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »
That second to last shot is a winner....beauty smoke ring AFH.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"