Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Good Deal - Weber Gas Grill?  (Read 4966 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Good Deal - Weber Gas Grill?
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »
I found this deal for $30. All I know is it looks to be a two burner weber spirit.  Is this a good deal? I don't know how old it is.  Anything I should look for if I go check it out?

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Good Deal - Weber Gas Grill?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:56:50 AM »
Excellent deal, pick it up and ask questions later.  Seriously check out the burners, look at the crossover tube that connects the two burners.  Looks like a great deal. go get 'er
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »
For personal use I would hold out for a 3 burner. If buying it to flip, I generally sell them in that condition in the $125-$150 range.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:12:35 AM »
I ended up picking it up.  There was the expected rust in parts, but overall seemed to be in good condition.  Any clue as to how to tell the age? Is there a "vent code" like on the charcoal grills.

I would have liked to get a 3 burner, but literally this grill will primarily be used for hot dogs for the kids.  I have 2 weber kettles and 2 smokey joes and 2 WSMs that I use when I am needing to feed more than the kids or my wife and me.

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:35:06 AM »
There will be a serial number somewhere, I forget where. Maybe underneath near the tank?

Anyway, it will start with the same two letter code the kettles do.

I'd guess '05ish
Dude, relax your chicken.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »
Take a wire brush to the burners to make sure you're getting a good flame.

And I think most people, like me, tend to grill in one corner. Rotate the bars end to end and front to back to let the drippings work on other parts of the bars.

Congrats, looks like a good deal.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:41:26 AM »
Thanks.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »
The serial number should be on the floor inside of the doors.  Sometimes they are under the handle on the gas tank side of the grill.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:22:11 PM by dwnthehatch »

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
The serial number should be on the floor inside of the doors.  Sometimes they are under the handle on the gas tank side of the grill.

My Genesis S/N turns out to be inside the cabinet, to the right on top.

Bottom line, look inside    ;D

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
We have that exact grill with CI grates. Its an awesome steak or burger machine. And of course it can do a lot more. Its worth the $30 if its as clean as it looks.
Try it out, the worst that can happen is you resell it for $50..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Volappece

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »
Weber Genesis 6631001 E-330 637-Square-Inch 38,000-BTU Natural-Gas Grill is the best natural gas grill known to me so far. It comes with porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars; porcelain-enameled heat deflectors and six tool hooks.. It was very easy to assemble , instructions were clear and easy to follow.. Its grill works great , heats up fast and cooks evenly.