Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I got a Ranch!!!!  (Read 2283 times)

fedex

• WKC Ranger
I got a Ranch!!!!
« on: November 04, 2014, 12:32:57 AM »
I'm sure some of you may remember a couple months back (late Aug I think) aRanch popped up on CL in the PHX area for $300.  I didn't think much about it but everytime I came on the ONLINE Sales site I kept clicking on it.  I think about 10 days went by and I called the contact# thinking and hoping it was long gone.  Well, the owner still had it and actually had very few calls on it.  I told the owner I would buy it but I had to figure out the logistics because I couldn't get out there until the end of Oct.  He was very nice about it and said he would hold it for me.  This is where jcnaz (John) came into the deal.  Don't really remember how it happened but we traded PM's and I PayPal'd him the $$$.  He even volunteered to take it home with him.  I told him to take it for a Test Drive but he never had the time.  Last Thursday I drove out to beautiful Apache Junction AZ to pick it up worrying the whole way weather it would fit in my 2013 Ford Escape.  Even though I took all the measurements and did the math I was still skeptical.  After a nice 5 1/2 hr. drive I pulled up into the Fire Station and called John to tell him I was there.  He met me about 20 minutes later.

Fedex and jcnaz

The Lid fit in back of the Escape no problem but bowl and frame did not due to a height issue.  John knocked the hubcaps of and took off the axel and wheels and we tried again.  this time it slid in with about an inch to spare

Thanks again John for all your help.

Today I started the cleaning process but overall this Ranch is in great shape.  It needed new casters which I found on Amazon and hub caps from Ace Hardware in Anthem AZ.  I do need to order a few replacement parts from Weber that I found were missing after I looked over the schematics.  Here are a few pics I took today.  I cleaned the Lid and the inside of the bowl and put the rear wheels and front casters on.  No pic of the clean stuff due to lack of day light.  I'll post more pics as I move through it.

The Ash Catcher.  Not sure this was ever cleaned.  Taking a Oxy Clean bath right now.

4 hours of cleaning today.  Starting to shine.

Ash pan after.  It's pitted.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:50:54 PM by fedex »
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
Re: I got a Ranch!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:13:47 AM »
Congratulations!! it looks pretty nice prior to the clean up, I've been able to resist so far but I am sure a ranch is in my future.  Saw a similar ad about a month ago, have no need or room for one never really considered one till I passed on that one but now it is kind of stuck in the back of my head.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 04:13:11 AM »
Congrats fedex!

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 04:15:58 AM »
fedex - welcome to the Ranch club!  That is a great story and a nice assist by JC.  Looking forward to your "after" pics and a nice celebratory cook.

Congrats,

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 04:21:13 AM »
looking good! congrats on the epic score! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 05:00:54 AM »
Great score, glad you got it! I couldn't swing it at the time,glad JC could help you!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 05:42:16 AM »
It was good to meet Bob (fedex). I wish our schedules had been such that I wasn't at work on the day he picked it up. A nice kettle fired lunch would have been in order! ;D
It is still always "grate" to meet a grillfella! 8)

PayPal is is a wonderful tool that let's me play "secret agent" without the wife killing me in my sleep. ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 05:56:51 AM »
Congrats , having recently acquired one myself I know how excited you must be. Enjoy
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 06:05:23 AM »
That is a very nice addition - and good to hear of a WKC member lending a hand.  Enjoy that Ranch.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 06:16:41 AM »
Congratulations. Awesome score. Great team work.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »
Updated with more pics
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
Sweet and congratulations!
May The Smoke Be With You!