Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Score Of The Day: Vintage Imperial Kamado  (Read 6748 times)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Score Of The Day: Vintage Imperial Kamado
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:03:04 PM »
 Just when I thought the Imperial Kamado was gone Friday morning. Lucy called me Friday night and told me it was still available because the gentleman flaked out. I immediately texted @Heyjude  so he can help me pickup the Kamado since I needed his muscles. Thank you Aj. Without your help I would have never loaded the Kamado in my car. You are right @MrHoss this is truly a fantastic deal.

The rusty cart needs a little work the the firepot is cracked. I will need @swamprb 's  experstise in fixing the firepot.

On the way home Aj and I went to Starbucks then went shopping to an open box outlet. They sell tools, clothes, car accessories, weber parts, etc. Most of these stuff are 10% to 60% off sale price.

Aj finally found his elusive grail.

I scored 3 Earth Boxes @ $13.50 each. They retail at Amazon.com for $60 each. Getting ready for next year to plant my vegetables. Tomatoes, jalpenos, garic, etc.

I also got this snazzy grilling shirt and matching cap. From the famous words of Fu Manchu. If Argentflame can cook so can you!

While paying at the cashier I told Aj to sign up for the newsletter and he did. We both got this freebie.
Better than a poke in the eye.

After shopping we unloaded the Kamado and we got a care package from @G. I got most of my 26r parts and Aj got his stuff. Thank you so much G. You even threw some extras. Aj and I had to pull straws who picks first.

Overall it was a great day.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:57:19 PM by argentflame »

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: Score Of The Day: Vintage Imperial Kamado
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 01:33:01 AM »
It sure looks like it was a great day.
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

dengland

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 04:05:56 AM »

Aj finally found his elusive grail.

The elusive "RedBottom"!!!! I have one that's missing a lid on my front porch right now! LOL

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 04:41:58 AM »
Right on!  That was a bloody beauty acquisition day there Argentflame.....love the snazzy cooks outfit too.  Need me one of those as well.  It was good you have AJ there to lend and go shopping with.  Those care packages look like the bomb too.....look absolutely loaded with Weber goodness they do.

Hope you can get that Kamado fixed up.  No idea how to do it but it sure would look...and act...amazing if you got it to working condition.  When I got a Kamado it was the Akorn due to price and being made of steel.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:33:57 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 04:58:11 AM »
wow now that's some love going on right there!

i know back in the 80's the perception in 'merica was "Made in Japan" meant that whatever it was, it was crap.  but years and experience with many "MIJ" things has proven the opposite to be true.  i am a big fan of things made there.

congrats on enjoying the rewards of good karma! 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:00:31 AM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 05:58:15 AM »
Great way to spend a day!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 06:34:23 AM »
Hey your welcome Alvin.  Always an adventure riding with you!  You have an uncanny way of finding the good, make that great deals..  At that discount store I found some Weber CI grates, burner tubes, ingnitor and If I didn't already have some, flavorizer bars.  You cost me money.. Lol...
But its time to get the gasser project up and running.  Can't wait to see the Kamado in action too.
AJ  8)

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »
Looks like a fun day for sure! Alvin I used to love Yan can cook! I wish it was still on. Congrats on the score!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 07:21:32 AM »
Nice score!

I've humped my share of craigslist Kamados (and kettles) and always bring along a tarp and a hacksaw to cut through one of the top and bottom band hinge bolts to make moving them in pieces a breeze. 9 times out of 10 there are always ashes and the tarp keeps them out of the interior. Makes for a quick getaway!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »
Nice score!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 03:39:51 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the care package fellas.  I figured you two would have to arm wrestle to see who claimed the extras.  Nice score on the kamado as well Alvin. 

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 07:31:50 PM »
Great day for a score! I've seen one of those that looks like that imperial on CL in Nashville for over a year straight. He wants $400 and hasn't budged all year long. 
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 08:35:54 PM »
man, great deal on those earthboxes too!!

I wanted to buy 5 of them years ago but couldn't afford it.
So i learned how to make them myself (and now I make them using old grills)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:10:15 AM »
Great day! That's a sweet Kamado. You can probably fire it up as is as the firebox is mostly all there.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791