Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Who has "built in" their kettle?  (Read 3667 times)

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
Who has "built in" their kettle?
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:25 PM »
For a winter project, I want to "build in" my Weber One Touch Gold, along with my Genesis into an outdoor kitchen. I have looked around a bit and seen a few pictures of various ones that have been built in, but nothing that has been a real close match to my own ideas. Anybody done it yet?

Should I just let the whole unit "rest" in a sligtly smaller cut out? If I do, does it need to be lined with oven gasket material to keep from burning the counter surface? Any input and pics would be awesome!
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Who has "built in" their kettle?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 03:16:33 PM »
Welcome here if I haven't said so !!!!!

Don't recall anyone doing that particular combination of gas / charcoal setup yet, but maybe..................you may be the first !!!

Most folks have done something along the lines of a larger hole, sitting on some type of hook or prop-up to the lower edge of the bell......like these on the underside of the table as a possibility.....

Basic concern is usually that's a lot of weight w/ charcoal & meat, plus the weight of the kettle all resting on the handles..................

A few have done setups where the kettle's legs stay on & it can be removed for separate use
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:22:42 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
I guess I should say, I have both, so I am just trying to build them into the kitchen when I do it.
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 04:07:05 PM »
The gas one then will just set into an open area in the kitchen layout, or be completely built in?

Here's some kettle tables ideas......there's a better collection of table idea pics somewhere....I'll try to find that too...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1024&bih=653&q=WEBERTAB+les&oq=WEBERTAB+les&gs_l=img.3...2014.2014.0.2567.1.1.0.0.0.0.313.313.3-1.1.0....0...1ac.1.58.img..1.0.0.rjQkojL9Cdk#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=WEBER+tables

Here's the better one, some folks even include plans....might give you a good idea on how to fit it in well......

https://www.google.com/search?q=weber+kettle+table&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sE28U9CAGYyiyASXpIGwCw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1680&bih=925#imgdii=_

I know I've seen people do closer to what you're asking, just that I can't recall enough particulars to find them.....Smoke Ring & BBQ Bretheren have people doing those type of outdoor kitchen builds & I think that's where I've spotted them.............I'll keep thinking on it..... 8)

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »
Thanks for the links!

The gas will just slide in and I will very likely remove one, or both of the side tables that are attached so the sides will be flush with the counters.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 06:27:10 PM »
Wow, thanks. The last link with the fancy pictures requires logging in.

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 07:17:53 AM »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »

Yep....so is Smoke Ring & Smoking Meat forums.....I just use the same name & info on all so if people from here show up (happens often) it's easy to say Hi !!!

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »

This is the area I am trying to build in, and the layout I think I'm going with. The large open area would be built with a counter top and prep area.