Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My most amazing Weber Story! The Weber Grill Academy Canada - Vaughan Ontario  (Read 9771 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger

Taz

• WKC Brave
This is too cool. Congrats Matt!!!!!!!

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
to say that I am envious, would be a gross understatement
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

SixZeroFour

WOW - What a great story and photos - Freakin awesome
 How did you keep this quiet and not tell anyone here where you were going ?
 Congratulations # 001 ( formily known as #604 )

The one thing they asked me was if I could please keep it under wraps until the event actually took place, which is completely understandable but very difficult at the same time. Obviously I was able to tell my family and thankfully it all happened so fast I didn't have too much time to overthink it ;)

Amazing story 604.   Thanks for sharing.   That looks like the trip of a life-time.

BTW...  Did you get a close look at those "flag-grills" in the background?  Are they paint or porcelain?

Again, good work...

Thanks saxart, I did get an upclose look and until I lifted the lid I would have sworn they were porcelain enameled but they are in fact a Decal applied then I think clear coat over top. No heat for those two beauties!

Certainly!
Is he a member?

I assume it's now safe to blog about this now right?

I don't believe he is a member but definitely knew about the site and knew right away what I was talking about when I said the "Kettle Club" ;) Hopefully he will sign up and say hi someday!

and yes - no worries about the blog!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

Congratulations Matt. Unreal. Truly amazing. What a dream come true. You deserve it. I hope you can make a commercial or become a representative for Weber.

I can only dream! :D It seems like a fantastic company to work for and they sure made me feel at home! They all seem genuinely excited about what's to come for Weber here in Canada and acted more like a family than co-workers. Super cool group of people I hope to see again!

That is awesome, Matt!  What a fantastic honour you received.  :D

Of all us Canadians on the board you deserved that the most in my opinion.  Good on ya Matt.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
Dude .. I am only about a half hour drive from there. It would have been cool to meet. Another time, eh?!   :D ;) ;)
I will have to check out that place.

Mark I wish I had more time as I would have LOVED to meet both you and Hoss... but I got there fairly late Wed Evening, was picked up at 9am at the hotel then had to make a bit of a dash to the airport straight from the grill academy! I have a bunch of family back east so I don't think it will be too long before I get out that way again!

SixZeroFour

Honestly, thank you all so much guys, you are all far too kind!!! We have such a cool hobby and group of people here at the club - this wouldn't be nearly as fun without friendly, like-minded folks to share the excitement with!   8)

That's awesome 604!.  Did you see yourself on Twitter yet ?

https://twitter.com/webergrillsca/status/522709628912939008

and

https://twitter.com/webergrillsca/status/523124334412701697

I did not! Thanks!

I need to climb out from under my rock and get back into facebook \ twitter \ instagram etc!

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Wow.......
If it breathes, we can cook it!

GregS

• WKC Performer
matt this is such a cool honor.  you truly deserve it and i am very happy that you were given this experience.  it's truly a life experience you will never forget. 

it has to feel incredible to be chosen by a company whose product you admire so much.

kudos man! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Congrats 604! I'm speechless. what an honor.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Congratulations # 001 ( formily known as #604 )

That's it!! You need to change your screen name! I don't know what's behind your current name but that would cool.

Man, this whole experience is so awesome I can't even believe it. You deserve it too!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
"Canada's Biggest Weber Fan"

This is the thing right here.......

The award DID NOT go to somebody with a gasser................. 8)

Tremendous Deal !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MrHoss

• WKC Performer

Amen.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

Congratulations, Matt! Couldn't happen to a more deserving Fella! Karma, my friend... it's come around big time!

Didn't see the warming rack....  is it a new style? Also noticed that they have the "Aussie" style flat top gasser. I'm wondering if that is for sale in retail shops currently.

Cheers Bob!

The warming rack appeared identical in shape to the original but I swear it was a heavier gauge and of course had a super glossy shine to it all! I was a bit caught up in the moment and could easily be mistaken ;)

As for the Summit Flattop - that's a vintage unit as well that a friend of the company donated to the kitchen. They were definitely sold in Canada and Australia but have never seen confirmation of them being sold in the US.

matt this is such a cool honor.  you truly deserve it and i am very happy that you were given this experience.  it's truly a life experience you will never forget. 

it has to feel incredible to be chosen by a company whose product you admire so much.

kudos man!

Thanks Greg, it really is an honor for me and I'm humbled by being chosen! It was so much fun!

I also think it's pretty darn cool that Weber acknowledges the loyal following they have! :)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
"Canada's Biggest Weber Fan"

This is the thing right here.......

Tremendous Deal !!!!!

Now, now, I can't let that stand.  In defense of those of us that also have gassers, it should be noted that 604 has at least one as well  :-)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Yeah, but it seems obvious he didn't get made on the weight of his gas.......it was that wide angle kettle shot & a good attitude......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"