Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Welcome home you beautiful blue thing you  (Read 5021 times)

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
Welcome home you beautiful blue thing you
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »
Ok as usual I went on CL today after repeating "You don't need any other grills right now" three times as I normally do and didn't see anything new in my immediate area.  Convinced that my chant worked I started browsing other ads that come up when I search Weber but do not list a grill in the title.  Saw one that was a week old selling patio furniture and noticed a blue MT in the corner of the picture and the add said that the furniture came with a grill. 

Since the add was a week old I emailed the lady and told her I didn't need any patio furniture but the grill in the picture was pretty if they hadn't already sold it would she consider selling the grill by itself.  Convinced that she wouldn't or it was already gone I went about my routine.  Then I got a response telling me for $25 dollars I could have the grill, one thing led to another, I found out they were only 10 miles away and boom I just added a new grill and a new color to my fleet  ;D

This thing is in near perfect condition, no scratches or dings anywhere I can find yet, there is a little rust under the ash catcher with the old style one touch system a little rust on the rack underneath but essentially it is in perfect condition.  They were moving and just wanted it gone and I was happy to oblige, within an hour of contacting the lady the grill was safe and sound at it's new home.  It is raining pretty hard today, but I did manage to take a couple of before pictures something I normally forget to do.  The only problem is there is so little to do to this thing the before and after will look identical.   I tried to take a picture of the inside but it started raining again and my phone camera wouldn't work. 

On the astronomically rare chance the lady that sold this to me is reading this Thank you, and thank you for taking such good care of this lovely grill.

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
Re: Welcome home you beautiful blue thing you
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
That's nuts.  Wow.....
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:26:56 AM »
Must be the rare blue Australian MT. One day we'll learn how Weber managed to keep these things stuck to the ground like that down under.

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
Wow nice score......
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »
Right on, looks like a beauty kettle there.  A blue MT is on my list. 
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:05:43 AM »
A perfect blue beauty!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »
Nice score for sure!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 11:18:27 AM »
Nice pickup.

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 01:30:52 PM »
Beautiful Blue mate. I haven't seen too many blues down under, we seem to get mainly reds (which suits me :) )

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »
That's a sweet looking blue!!!
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 03:18:25 PM »
Thanks everybody, just to be honest she isn't quite as perfect a virgin kettle I initially made her out to be.  After cleaning her up she has some minor chipping inside the bowl and one place outside on the rim of the lid where it looks like it was forced on the lid bale.  Can't believe I didn't see that at first but that's what happens when you grab kettles in the rain.  Just means she has had a life prior to coming to live with me, I'm not the jealous kind I can accept that.  Despite her minor flaws I am ecstatic to have a bright blue kettle now in the fleet and considering what it cost I am not complaining one bit Christmas in October.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »
Congrats...nice addition to the family. Now if I could just find one of those.. ;-)

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 04:15:30 PM »
Great find, and welcome to the Blue MT club!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Nice find and welcome in!

El-Bastardo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 11:01:44 AM »
Oh heck yeah! Great score. Love the upside down pics, it adds to the awesomeness!

Tell me boy, what is the riddle of steel?

USAMADEBLADE.com