Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A couple of NOOB's (78') (79')  (Read 3404 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: A couple of NOOB's (78') (79')
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »
Classic!

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 04:28:48 AM »
Amazing.  What is the story on those - would love to know how, when, where you discovered them.

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 05:02:35 AM »
Too awesome! How long have you owned them?
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 06:12:20 AM »
Absolutely amazing. 
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 09:01:33 AM »
Very nice!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 09:04:42 AM »
Classic Red & Black, time for some Johnny Walker!
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

SixZeroFour

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 11:06:05 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments! I picked up the red in mid June and the black was snagged in late Aug :)

The black kettle (shockingly!) was located here in Canada, a province over in Calgary Alberta to be exact. I found it sitting on Kijiji which isn't too poplar out west but it had been posted up for over a month!!! I have a good friend that lives there that was kind enough to pick it up. The seller wasn't very chatty and in fact was very suspicious of me calling from BC... thankfully my friend happens to be a police officer and would be showing up with cash in hand so they agreed to sell it :)

The Red came from Salt Lake City. It had been stashed away in a basement all this time when about 2 years ago a flood ruined the box which prompted it being donated to a nice lady who was holding a cancer charity fundraiser. I got in touch with Amy after she came on the site asking some questions trying to identify the grill. She's a great person and the fundraiser sale ended up raising over $3500! I think we both came out really happy with the deal and it all went to a good cause so that's even better!

@MacEggs Only the covers including the first and last inside pages are slightly different. All of the recipes and info on the inside are identical.

If you look close these two kettles also have two different styles of whitewall wheels. The newer black kettle has far less connection points (4?) where the "WEBER" whitewall attaches to the black wheel. Old Red has 8! :o

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E