Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket Grilled Cheese On Lucille  (Read 3248 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Brisket Grilled Cheese On Lucille
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:48:55 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen for your viewing pleasure, Lucille:

This is the first time I have put her together.  The legs and triangle are new as I have not gotten around to cleaning the originals. The handles are pretty rough but I am gonna give sanding, staining and clear coating a shot, (I have started the first 2 handles but the last is waiting).  I have some gunstock stain and plan on laying it on thick as there is no grain left.  The lid vent and ash pan need cleaning too but for now I had to see this wonderful thing that a fellow member has put in my hands.  Damn she's beautiful:

For this afternoon's meal I have french bread topped with a cheese mix, (old cheddar, herb/garlic cheddar, annaheim chili powder and chipolte/mango powder), with some leftover brisket slices in between:

When I was down in Detroit last week picking up Lucille I also got this from Target....seasoned it 3 times real good but this will be it's first cook:

I want to rub it but I don't knowing it's hot:

These were tastey sammiches - first time also making this combo.  They could have stood a more crispy crust but I didn't want to burn off the seasoning on the cast iron so I held back on the coals underneath.  Next time I won't do that so much.  I very much like my new redhead and the Lodge flat skillet.  I see myself getting more Lodge products in the future.....more red too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:08:42 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Brisket Grilled Cheese On Lucille
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 04:35:34 PM »
From Wiki:

"In the winter of 1949, King played at a dance hall in Twist, Arkansas. In order to heat the hall, a barrel half-filled with kerosene was lit, a fairly common practice at the time. During a performance, two men began to fight, knocking over the burning barrel and sending burning fuel across the floor. The hall burst into flames, which triggered an evacuation. Once outside, King realized that he had left his guitar inside the burning building. He entered the blaze to retrieve his beloved $30 Gibson guitar. Two people died in the fire. The next day, King learned that the two men were fighting over a woman named Lucille. King named that first guitar Lucille, as well as every one he owned since that near-fatal experience, as a reminder never again to do something as stupid as run into a burning building or fight over women."

Recreated by Gibson & not cheap ~~>

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Memphis/BB-King-Lucille.aspx

The tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8QxOjuYHg

Nice Kettle, nice name & nice sammie !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »
Love it, love it, love it.......Well done

what is the dippin' sauce?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:45:45 PM »
what is the dippin' sauce?

That would be Tiger Sauce:

Hope you are no stranger to that L.B.?  If you are and do not know where to find some let me know and I will bring you are bottle or 2 my next trip down.  I like going to see L.B..

http://www.reilyproducts.com/1210-Oz.-TryMe-Tiger-Sauce

I buy this stuff 2 to 5 at a time for $3.25 each.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:51:40 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
Beautiful kettle plus some lodge CI = a winning combo. Nice cook!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

jmeier64

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 07:08:58 PM »
Those are all some sweet items, the red, the griddle, and the sammys. That sure turned out to be a gorgeous little redhead. You should be proud. Plus she sure can cook, what a keeper
First up a nice 3 wheeler red head

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
So much win it's not even funny. Just awesome!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 07:34:16 PM »
I'm glad you like it...she looks even better than I remembered. Great cook, I need to look into that griddle...
WTB: Genesis Jr.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »
This is the one I got I think:

http://www.target.com/p/lodge-reversible-grid-iron-griddle/-/A-11992196

Regular price was 29.99 but it had a sale ticket on it of 9.99.  A no-brainer to my point of view it was.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »
Sweet Kettle. Very nice cook with the griddle.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »
Great looking Redhead and i too am likeing the looks of the griddle and the sammies look yummy!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
Lucille looks happy in her new home.  Topped it off with some tasty looking brisket grilled cheese works for me.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Taz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »
Does Lucille have a twin longing to live in the San Francisco area?  I can only dream.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 08:19:25 PM »
This. This is what I like to see. The kettle that's being used as well as what's cooking! Nice job, @MrHoss !