Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti  (Read 6790 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: SCORE = 2-tone RED MT EO(95) w/ 2 wood tables and a New Roti
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 08:05:45 PM »
WKC profit isnt part of the equation.
But for the sake of transparency...
Last time my wife reminded me of the math, I'm still several hundred in the red.
There are months where advertising 'profit' pays for the hosting though. The excess money usually goes into making some cool handles and stickers to GIVE AWAY to people who make the site better.

Friends profiting? That old chestnut.
Plenty of people here have earned some profits, and every one of them that I know of have committed far more than they've earned.

I'm glad you helped a member with a fireplace. Kudos for that. I'll take your word for it and silently hope that you continue to help people.

Cheers!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »
Troy, again thanks for this site, that is out of your personal passion.

All I see is someone trying to profit from us, that do this as a hobby. The growth here is huge, thus how some have found this site, not always in the best interest, but personal gain. This all is IMPO. It is a Red MT, to some it is a personal want in there collecting. Don't tease it and then put it on Ebay or possibly make empty promises. Put it in the section designated to members for trade or sale with a price. It is evident, this item is not for a personal a collection, as noted, not a collector posting this.

Draw attention he has done... But remember, there are more of these and Roti's... Happy that you have the passion, just not for the same reasons a I.

I wish you well on your sale csorvala.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »
I can see both sides and normally don't comment but I've had a few and thought why not😊
This community is still growing and learning the different eccentricities of different members and when someone new comes along with a different approach it takes a while for members to sus each other out. After all where on a forum and it's hard to appreciate where different folks are coming from.
I gotta say I'm surprised to see you back after the custom sale but am glad you are as it takes all types to make the world go round.
I remember when Harris first signed up and a few got their panties in a twist because he is like some sort of kettle magnet and seems to come up with these amazing finds that leave the rest of us thinking 'How the hell does he do it?'. But after a while everyone got use to his amazing knack of acquiring epic grills and learned to appreciate his time, effort and techniques of procuring kettles
As an international guest to this site I hope you hang around csorvala and continue to show your finds.
In saying that Red kettles are fairly common in OZ so what you do with yours doesn't affect me.
I'd also like to thank Troy who let's healthy debate continue on different matters without feeling the need to lock down or edit topics due to content like so many other forums
At the end of the day we're all here because of the humble Weber Kettle. I know I've benefitted from the friendships formed, advice given and general persona that is WKC.
BTW did I tell you all, I get to cook another 40lb lamb on the Ranch this week 8)
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 03:51:10 AM »
This website is a labor of different people coming together to talk about a passion. I am a newbie here. I dont post much, but that doesnt mean I dont have the passion. I try to use my webers as often as I can, experimenting with new rubs, techniques, etc. This website gives me inspiration to try new things. People have helped me in the past get parts, look for kettles (reds), etc and I am grateful. I now have a red, I picked it up for free locally. I love hearing stories of people finding the awesome score or someone getting an ultra rare grill for a realistic price. I dont like hearing about people trolling pulling deals right from underneath someone. Not cool. Reputations are built on how you treat people here. Not saying you did anything wrong/right, but in the end people will judge based on how they are treated or how you treat people. Its human nature.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:58:05 AM by Vwbuggin64 »
Rollin coal

26" 2010 AD Code (Black), 22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” 2018 CB (Crimson),22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 04:12:20 AM »
1 - Greg, I was half joking and making fun of the other people who said the exact same thing via text message today. I knew you were not the same person cause I didn't even post it yet. I probably wrote it all wrong, I'm sure.
2 - I didn't  recognize that you were the one I talked to before, so I wrote my opinion as explanation cause I wasn't sure if you were serious or sarcastic or what. I actually rewrote is because it came off even more crude before....
3 - Your what hurts? Why the O face?
4 - the pic link is in my first post. goes to my google pic... I don't photobucket yet, so this is the easiest way for me.... sorry if you don't google
1 - maybe, but there are three parts to communication with the last being the most important.
2 - so what?  i was droll in my sarcasm.  it's my favorite personal defect.  internet banter is fun. 
3 - the "o" face is my 2 tone red mt.  nothing hurts but thanks for asking. 
4 - i google, i just prefer to see the image as opposed to click on something.  i don't tweet or facebook though, too many stalkers.   ???
He made an offer, I didn't accept or decline, but within hours it sold on ebay where it was already listed.
holy on, this is true.
going from memory you didn't accept my last offer but had accepted a prior offer, then i had my kids for the weekend and couldn't make it up there, then something else.  either way, i'm glad you got more for it.  i ended up with a couple three wheelers in trades so again, no harm no foul.

whatever you did in the past certainly caused a stir.  i have no dog in that hunt. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

robertwhite

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 07:34:13 AM »
Making money doesn't make you good or evil. It just makes it look like you don't fit in here.

As a brand noob here, I can tell you from my perspective that the quote above is spot on. I came her to learn about Weber (coming from pellets & stick burners) and I think of the site as one where a collector or noob can go to talk about and gain insight to Weber past and present. The "look at me" & "I'm only here to pick the experts minds, so I can turn a better profit" attitude of csorvala is a complete turn off and has no place on these forums, IMHO.

Chuck

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 08:34:46 AM »
csorvala, the problem I have with you posting things like you did initially in this thread is that it comes across, to me anyway, simply as a brag of 'look how much I'm about to profit from this find'.

When most people post their finds, its for personal use or to share with another member somehow.

I'm fairly certain that if you shared your finds with that intent, you would find a warmer reception. The simple fact that you're making a profit on these things is not an issue in and of itself. We all make a living in our own ways. But this board is ruled by hobbyists at the moment.

The average user here simply doesn't care what you're finds are if you're just going to flip them.
This is a fairly cheap hobby when you consider the time  with family and friends and how many meals are created.

polishmartin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 04:18:14 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:11:03 PM by polishmartin »

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
Let the truth be told... Not to stir up the pot, just wondering what is going on. I appreciate that you do this to support your family.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/for/4704230842.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/4701728467.html

jmeier64

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »
Aside from the seqlouia of those examples at at or below retail, the red 18.5 for 182 was still brand new. All of those other listings I would consider to be fair prices. Especially the last a decent 22.5 Red with roti and other accessories for $100.00 That is a steal there. Those compared to a 95 MT and a sidekick which is about a 1980 vintage for $350? I am not seeing the logic there.
First up a nice 3 wheeler red head

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
Went to pick up a 2-tone red and when I got there the wife told him to get rid of the roti in the basement too. He also trew in two wood tables, one on the grill and one new in box..... $40 for the grill, $20 for the roti and free wood tables that sell for %$75 on ebay..... FYI, I don't just buy webers when I see them, I also buy many other items that I ship to the rest of the world too.

Here is my google folder link for this pick up.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bys74G2IL7uUakNrdTBlby1OWHM&usp=sharing

jmeier64

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 06:30:27 PM »
Well considering you are selling a 2290 for $130, where as the one with the grill and other stuff is only $100, I consider that the winner all that for $100.00 and an MBH at that
First up a nice 3 wheeler red head

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 06:38:03 PM »
Let's cool it on the pricing.
Prices will always be subjective.
Most of us would never pay that for a red because we've gotten them for free or well under the $50 range. That doesn't mean some other person is willing to drop that coin.

My initial concerns aren't specifically about price, it's about the intent of being here.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 06:49:47 PM »
Hmmm... I would like to see your post to the below link... I will find my post from way back, as to why I joined the WKC...Second thought, your obviously good at research, as noted above. Find my story, you may understand why this site is important to me. I may come off as brash to you, I just don't get your means. Call me STUPID.

Search word: spike

To other WKC members, I apologize for my actions, but stuff like this hits me hard. I could sit back, but I don't let my emotions sit on my shirt sleeves.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/what-the-wkc-means-to-me!/