Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Good friend holidaying 27min from riverside garden centre UK  (Read 2294 times)

Golly

• WKC Performer
Good friend holidaying 27min from riverside garden centre UK
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
G'day grillfellas
I'm in a pickle
My wife's close friend is traveling to the uk to see family
The relos live in the same county as the biggest weber dealer in the country
When I asked her is it near , she said it 27min bus ride away
What do I get her to get me ??
Spring green 22
Blue wave 22
Smoke 22
Ivory 22
Or just all the smokey joe colours?
She is flying emirates and has a 30 kg and 10 kg luggage limit
She's not really shopping for herself on this trip
My wife has given approval for me to place an order
Any feedback on either sending them from uk to home
Or bringing on plane or what colour you'd get will be appreciated
Golly
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: Good friend holidaying 27min from riverside garden centre UK
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »
Ivory was 2013, doubt they have any but that would be my first choice.  I searched their site 2-3 weeks ago.  Blue wave was '12 or '13, so probably same deal there. 

The new blue looks good, but no shots surfaced other than the overly metallic looking glamour shot, which isn't what it will look like in person. 

Spring green is very close to cb green, mine looks Ballin' imo. 

Hard to say what you would prefer.   Have her send you pics from her phone and make the best call you can.

My first choice would be ivory or blue wave as well.  But I really like the green.

Get an MT, if at all possible.   Good luck!!!
I only use kettles with lid bales.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 03:55:50 PM »
Ivory or Blue wave here too.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »
Blue Wave first choice.  Ivory second.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 05:27:23 PM »
I don't think they have blue wave at riverside any more.  here is a pic from a german dealer from this year to see the new gray and slate blue.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
For me Bone (Ivory). How many bags is she allowed? As you know the 22 box is huge and would be counted a 1 bag. And she would have fun getting it to the airport.

The new grey is really cool looking in the flesh. I can send you a few pics I took of it when I was there. You could probably tape 2 SJ's together.

I have taken or had brought over for me 2 SJ's as checked in luggage and they both made it safe and sound. You could probablyeven  tape 2 SJ's together.

Why limit yourself to Riverside. Most online garden shops in the UK will deliver to any major city in the UK for free or next to nothing. Order it online, pay for it yourself, and get it delivered to where she is staying. Less hassle for her, and a wider choice for you.
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 05:51:14 PM »
Golly congratulations on what I am sure will be a great score whatever you end up getting  8)  I'm going in circles pretending I am in your position and trying to figure out what I would choose.  If possible it would be great if you could communicate with her while she is at the Riverside Garden Center so you can know what they have in stock that may not be on the website.  I am rather envious of your wife's friend right now from what I have seen of you tube videos she is only 27 minutes from Weber paradise.  If I could get a kettle it would be a master touch, I really like the spring green and think I would like the smoke color on their website.   Would probably get an ivory if it was available just because I really don't think we would ever get a color like that here.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »
Golly, how many 18's you got? Seems those come in interesting colors as well. See if she can ship from UK; carrying anything more than an SJ box onboard would be a hassle unless she has good help at the airport. I do realize shipping any of them Down Under would ramp up the cost.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch