Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Great North American uh Unboxing  (Read 5823 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
The Great North American uh Unboxing
« on: October 01, 2014, 06:29:24 PM »
Link to first meetup http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/meetups-events/the-great-north-american-meetup-(via-ontario-and-michigan)/

MrHoss, made the second trip to my house in two weeks today to pickup another Sear grate system and his Red Kettle from Jamesnomore.  To save cost the kettle was shipped directly to my house and Mike made a trip from across the border.

In addition to this treasure, MrHoss got a tip from a member (  ;) ) on the board that a new 14 wsm was for sale in Michigan.  Mike was able to talk the man into saving it for him for his trip over.  The man kept his word.

Pics of the upboxing.

Crap Peanutz......

a box within a box we finally get to see the semblance of a kettle

Beautiful two tone color,  I am starting to covet and going to be on the hunt for a nice two tone soon.  :)

Upside down K
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
Re: The Great North American uh Unboxing
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »
Sweet capturing of the unboxing! 

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:28:34 PM »
Looking at the post from the last visit down I realize I have on the same shirt for both trips....I am gonna dub it my, "cross border kettle huntin' shirt", cause it obviously has got major good mojo!!!  Here she is back home...this was double packed to prevent damage:

All the parts came individually wrapped:

Those white specks on the bowl are bits of the foam packing.  The bowl and lid for this baby are almost MINT!!!  Holy crap!!!  I am still giddy.  Thank you very much James for selling me this wonderful, beautiful thing.  I will surely cherish this...and then some:

The mini WSM came via a tip from a friend.  I had been keeping a watch on Michigan's craigslist sites but somehow missed the mini on the site closest to me.  When it was pointed out I called the fella while writing an e-mail.  He said it was never used.  I said if that was so I would give him $10 more that he wanted if he held it for a week.  He doubted me and I gave him my word.  That was not good enough so I said I'd get in touch before coming down to see if it was still available.  I sent the e-mail anyways thanking him and saying I hoped it would be available and we could meet.  An hour later I got an e-mail saying the ad had been pulled, I could come get it when I wanted and he hoped I would not make him regret his decision.  When I showed up at his place the man, a Baptist pastor, met me and was very nice.  We talked bbq for some time then talked religion and philosophy.  I had mentioned it was my birthday so he put a bow on the mini:

I stopped in at Target and got a 18 hinged cooking grate as well as 3 22.5 hinged cooking grates all for less than $5 each.

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »
Gonna miss her but I know she's got a good home...happy to help and good to see the box came in good condition. Can't wait to see the total conversion.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »
I can't stop looking at it.  Gotta work early and I am beat.  Can't stop looking at it.  My SWMBO would not allow it in the bedroom I just know it.  Can't stop looking at it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 01:13:58 AM »
I can't stop looking at it.  Gotta work early and I am beat.  Can't stop looking at it.  My SWMBO would not allow it in the bedroom I just know it.  Can't stop looking at it.

That happens with beauty redheads.  :D ;)  Great teamwork fellas.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 03:28:13 AM »

That happens with beauty redheads.  :D ;)  Great teamwork fellas.

+100 !!!

It will settle inafter awhile......take it easy......... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 07:41:58 AM »
I am curious, how long and how much can you get for your 48th Birthday?  with all you are justifying the 50th should downright put you in part with Brian, HarborMaster, 604 and Jeff as far as ability to fill up your back yard...... 
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 08:49:50 AM »
I am curious, how long and how much can you get for your 48th Birthday?

I am done.  But Christmas is just around the corner.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »
Haha sweet red Hoss, you look like a kid on Christmas morning!! ... Except for maybe the cig ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 08:24:31 PM »
Haha sweet red Hoss, you look like a kid on Christmas morning!! ... Except for maybe the cig ;)

I was smoking as a kid too.  Wife says when they open me up they're gonna find a smoke ring.

I'm still looking at that red.  I took the handles off and am sanding them down.  I cannot bring myself to put plastic handles on them so I think it is gonna be a few days before I put this baby together.  Till then it is less than 3 feet from where I am typing this.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:27:50 PM by MrHoss »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 09:02:47 PM »

I was smoking as a kid too.  Wife says when they open me up they're gonna find a smoke ring.

I'm still looking at that red.  I took the handles off and am sanding them down.  I cannot bring myself to put plastic handles on them so I think it is gonna be a few days before I put this baby together.  Till then it is less than 3 feet from where I am typing this.

Agreed, don't deface that beauty with plastic handles ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E