Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: .:: eCook (Day of) Discussion Thread ::. Sunday September 7th 2014 [PHOTO HEAVY]  (Read 49557 times)

Stu Clary

• WKC Brave
and then it wasn't sprinkling anymore, I don't have a covered patio, so I had to deal.

after about 20 minutes of holding the umbrella and getting wet, I figured out a way to go back to watching football

Hahaha!  I think we've all been there - I know I have!

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
This has been a long but fun day, Props to SixZeroFour for thinking this up and giving it life.
25 hours after I lit my first coals for this party I just finished putting away leftovers and had
to force myself to quit "snacking" on bits of brisket as I worked..

First few pics from early this morning are here and here is the rest of day of cooking.

A small amount of the brisket getting broke down for munching on. I injected a mixture of beef broth fortified with Johnny's
French Dip Au Jus concentrate and Radich's Bor-Do-Lay marinade all through the slab o'brisket. Just did a basic Dalmatian
rub on the outside.

The turds going on the blue performer. the filling for the turds is Winz's dipping sauce with blueberries mixed in. Very tasty.

DING, Turds are done..

Had to cook the game hens kind of late so they went into the black after dark.

Here they are after their spin on the roti.

And last but but not least,, one lonely plated pic complete with drip beans that were under the brisket..

After I spent quite a good bit of time looking at everyone else's cook up images, all I can say is I am blessed to be hanging
out with the best kettle chef's on the planet.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:02:35 AM by mirkwood »
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Finally got the 2nd rack of ribs where they needed to be....

Dang buckie...

How come you don't weigh like 932 pounds?

;D

Dude, relax your chicken.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Couldn't move after 3 plates of amazing food, I have to say this was the best fatty I've ever had.

The pork was amazing

The beans even better than ever

Almost forgot to take a plated plate

Rounded the afternoon out with a jug of home brew

it was a great day! Look forward to the next one.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

SixZeroFour

Nice looking cook Dave!

We've eaten so much food that desert has been scratched from the menu :) What a fantastic day - cant wait to spend some more time reading tonight! Thanks all for making this a success!!!

Matt

how were the first 'Turds (of your young life) ?

I really liked them! but there are a few little tweaks I need to make for next time :) The rich creamy taste of the butter chicken with the jalapeņo was excellent, but I used some leftover "lazy maple" bacon from the fattie cooked earlier. Now, I LOVE me some maple bacon, but the maple taste was a bit too contrasting so there was one too many flavours going on. I think with the plain bacon wrap these will be a keeper!

One tip I used was to wear gloves while cutting the peppers - excellent advice! Now most I ate were real nice flavour, pretty mild - but the odd one had some real kick to it! Is that the pepper itself or did I more than likely miss a seed in there?

Thanks for the inspiration buckie! A new weapon added to the BBQ arsenal!   
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

I meant to mention this at the end of day yesterday, but both my cook and the event itself were dedicated to my friend Greg. I apologize I can't go into specifics but wanted to mention it!

Once again THANK YOU ALL for participating, all the awesome comments and cooks, and for making this such an awesome place to spend some time! I think it was a hit and I hope we can make it an annual thing at very least! :)

Photos and cooks might continue to trickle in so we can have a look at the draw etc a bit later today - just want to make sure everyone is included before we go handing prizes out. A list of names entered in the main draw will be posted once I comb through the complete post again then I'll make nomination threads for prizes 2 and 3 which can be decided by vote or consensus.

So much fun you guys - I'm still in shock at the variety! I have 2 summers worth of BBQ now planned in advance ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:55:35 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Finally got the 2nd rack of ribs where they needed to be....

Dang buckie...

How come you don't weigh like 932 pounds?

;D

I avoid sugary desserts.........

This and mhiszem's both look delectable.....& Mirkwood's plateup.....gee, that's just the last two  pages !!!!

Flank steak marinated in balsamic vinegar

^^THIS... looks AMAZING! Awesome job, mhiszem!

Couldn't resist a taste right off the grill. Definitely not "fall off the bone"... they're cooked just right...

And where else would you ever in the world see this :

Getting the first grill started....the "old fashioned way"

And gummiBurgers......

Twin burger photoshoot.

And this needs to go in "Just a Picture I Liked"

and this, from James....

I have to say this was the best fatty I've ever had.

Gee, that is just the last two  pages !!!!

My kinda plateup ~~~>

After I spent quite a good bit of time looking at everyone else's cook up images, all I can say is I am blessed to be hanging
out with the best kettle chef's on the planet.
quote from Lance (Mirkwood)..................So true, so very, very true....

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
"One tip I used was to wear gloves while cutting the peppers - excellent advice! Now most I ate were real nice flavour, pretty mild - but the odd one had some real kick to it! Is that the pepper itself or did I more than likely miss a seed in there?'

Even peppers off the same plant can vary in heat somewhat....read it in Scientific American..... 8)

Might just have been a little more vein in that one a seed or two usually doesn't up the heat that much.....

Play with these, you'll figure out the combinations that fly !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
I meant to mention this at the end of day yesterday, but both my cook and the event itself were dedicated to my friend Greg. I apologize I can't go into specifics but wanted to mention it!

Once again THANK YOU ALL for participating, all the awesome comments and cooks, and for making this such an awesome place to spend some time! I think it was a hit and I hope we can make it an annual thing at very least! :)

Photos and cooks might continue to trickle in so we can have a look at the draw etc a bit later today - just want to make sure everyone is included before we go handing prizes out. A list of names entered in the main draw will be posted once I comb through the complete post again then I'll make nomination threads for prizes 2 and 3 which can be decided by vote or consensus.

So much fun you guys - I'm still in shock at the variety! I have 2 summers worth of BBQ now planned in advance ;)

Thanks for the awesome event!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Glad I was able to participate. It was a really cool idea that worked out great.

G$

• WKC Performer
Looking back through this thread, I wish I could have participated as much as I had originally planned.  Life interrupted though.  I am glad the thread remains for posterity.  There are some incredible items in here.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Couldn't agree more. Had three meals planned out to do but the real world told me I had other plans.. Glad I was able to take part in this..it was fun to see what everyone was cooking and gave me some really good ideas.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Forgot all about this thread although I did grill up a batch of marinated and smoked tenderloins yesterday. There are some epic pictures in this thread. Best of luck to the winners!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Sorry i missed it i got hit with a bug that knocked me down, feeling somewhat better.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

lemisfits

• WKC Brave
Thanks for organizing and conceptualizing the day Matt, it was appreciated by all.
Looking for a lime or imperial blue...in my dreams.