Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Platinum project  (Read 1111 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Platinum project
« on: September 02, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »
I have been wanting to do a rehab and add 10" wheels to my Blue Platinum for awhile, so now that i have a few more grills with tables  ;D
i can move ahead with my plans.

I plan on taking it apart and paint the table and the other plastic pieces with textured spray paint, the metal frame with black paint.

I have some 10" wheels and the reducers for the 3/8" axle, what i haven't figured out is what i can use to extend the front legs an inch.
Any ideas?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

SixZeroFour

Re: Platinum project
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
Killer project Ron! How bad is the black paint on the frame? If it's not too bad I would leave it as-is rather than painting. You'll never match the durability of the factory finish without powder coating, but obviously if it's beat up a bit then painting is the way to go! What's the end-game? just a sweet custom? 18" WSM smoker cart? ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Platinum project
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
Killer project Ron! How bad is the black paint on the frame? If it's not too bad I would leave it as-is rather than painting. You'll never match the durability of the factory finish without powder coating, but obviously if it's beat up a bit then painting is the way to go! What's the end-game? just a sweet custom? 18" WSM smoker cart? ;)
The paint is faded some and i want a little higher cart.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......