Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Parts and Service rant  (Read 4726 times)

Hofy

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Parts and Service rant
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 08:57:23 AM »
Yes, it really depends on who you talk to.  A couple of years ago I noticed some bad crazing on my brick red Performer bowl. 
The first person I called agreed that it should not do that and would get a replacement out ASAP.  Then she asked me the color.  I told her Brick Red.  "I am sorry we no longer make that color.  So I said black would be ok as they will hopefully always make that color.  I also complained that my grill would not look right with a Black bottom and Brick Red top, so she said they would ship a new cover too.  Two days later a new black cover and bowl are sitting on my door step. The only problem is that the inside of the bowl had a run in the porcelain finish.  No biggy as it will function just fine but I had to let them know the QC is lacking.

So I make a second call.  I get an older woman who was not the best at customer relations but was very good at her job.  She asked for photos that the first woman did not want, even though I offered.  She was most perplexed as to why I was sent black instead of brick red since they are in stock.  She said she would have a Brick red bowl out the next day and I get to keep the black set.  Two weeks later I still had nothing.

Third call.  I talk to a guy this time and he reviews everything that had happened so far in the notes.   He doesn't know why my replacement had not been sent out yet and tells me to look for it in the next two days.  Sure enough two days later it is on my door step.  I immediately replace the crazed one and am a happy camper with a spare black set to boot!  I gave away the crazed bowl to the first person who asked for it on TVWBB. 

But, the story is not over yet.  A week later I come home from work and my wife asks me what I ordered this time.  I was confused as I had not ordered anything.  Yet in the dining room was a large box from Weber.  The missing Brick Red bowl! 

Now I have a my Brick Red SS Performer, a spare Brick Red bowl and a spare Black set!
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
Yes, it really depends on who you talk to.  A couple of years ago I noticed some bad crazing on my brick red Performer bowl.  The first person I called agreed that it should not do that and would get a replacement out ASAP.

I am calling Weber about that crazing on the Westerner.  I know they have a brand new one in stock in corporate headquarters.    ;)

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »
But it has a "Chief" lid...

Winz

• WKC Ranger
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 06:34:51 PM »
Today I had an amazing experience on the line with Weber CS! Was having some issues with my online account registering a grill so I called up and spoke to a fellow named Scott. Very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in helping me out. At one point he said that they would help me enter each one of my grills over the phone to make sure it all went in correctly but I politely declined as that may have taken a little while  ;)

In the end he asked if I could send him a pic of some of my collection to which I did happily. Within 30min of responding to the email he called me back to thank me personally and said the pictures might end up in Weber's social media content!

Today 10/10 for sure!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

eccj

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 03:38:42 AM »
I have a BBQ repair shop , doesn't everybody ;) .....that's all I'm saying
Hahahaha! Smart Guy! *lol*

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 06:20:15 AM »
But it has a "Chief" lid...

I don't think so:

Winz

Here's the one I was talking about. Modern Marvels BBQ tech. At the :54 second mark is a Westerner wearing a Chief lid. Pretty cool video.

http://youtu.be/6yv29dcffuE

SixZeroFour

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »
That's a super dark lid in the video, it appears darker than my chief at least. Sweet video!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
I know it's a hassle to 'register' all of our grills, but I've gotten in the habit of telling Weber ever grill that I'm calling about (most of them rehabs for friends).  The benefit to me is that when I'm asking for a particular part, there is a much longer list of grills, one of which will inevitably need that thing. 
One of the charcoal people.