Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Aussie Grillfellas. ...  (Read 14031 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Re: Aussie Grillfellas. ...
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 05:11:38 AM »
Any other Aussies out there that still want to attend? Put your hand up and be counted. It's free to attend and I'll even feed you.

Does anyone want to cook their own cuts of meat?

There will be plenty of Webers all fired up to cook whatever you want.

Caveman Tomahawk? No problem.

A nice rare porterhouse? I'll have the perfect setup for it.

Even if you wanted to do a cattlemen steak slowly. We can handle it.

Let's have some fun with this. We can experiment if you want to be adventurous. Or take a safer route and do something you enjoy. Or if you want to try something different, bring your favoured cut and let someone else cook it for you.

I'll have all the equipment and utensils you will need. I even have a few different types of charcoal so you can see the differences in their use.
If it breathes, we can cook it!

shayneh2006

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 03:18:15 AM »
No problem Shayne.

Sounds like you have this Bull by the horns Jo.

Very organised indeed........

Oh well, maybe neext time if you put another on.

Shayne

squid

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
Would love to attend, could even visit my mum in Swansea, however work has me stuck in  Roxby downs in SA. It,s not quite the arsehole of the earth, but if I stand on my tippie toes, I can see it from here.
I currently have severe weber withdrawals and I am not home for another 3 weeks yet so may need medicating at some point soon.

You guys have a great day, maybe next time I can make it.

squid

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »
Would love to attend, could even visit my mum in Swansea, however work has me stuck in  Roxby downs in SA. It,s not quite the arsehole of the earth, but if I stand on my tippie toes, I can see it from here.
I currently have severe weber withdrawals and I am not home for another 3 weeks yet so may need medicating at some point soon.

You guys have a great day, maybe next time I can make it.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 11:18:37 PM »
It should be a blast. I have a bunch of mates that appreciate BBQ coming over and mixing it with us Kettle Heads. It could be interesting if we get into a bar fight scenario! :D

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2014, 02:39:39 AM »
Thanks Troy. I just got these in the mail. Perfect timing for the Meat and Greet.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 09:09:02 PM »
Getting ready.

The colourful ones are just normal mini capsicum because I have a guest that is allergic to jalapeņos.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »
Only a couple of days to go.... I'm really looking forward to this
Don't forget to bring that Brown offset handle SJ Kendoll
I'll be cooking some porky goodness!!!!
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »
Here's a link to the Facebook page if anyone wants to follow
https://www.facebook.com/events/1654799611412893/
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2014, 07:03:49 PM »
The menu for the day will be varied. There will be plenty to choose from.

We can start with the turds that I will have in various flavours. And there will be some made with mini caps rather than jalapenos for those can't eat spicy. the stuffing will be a cheese mix and most will have a smokey sausage or a kransky.

There will be a ton of chicken wings that I will marinade in various flavours. Some will be spicy and some won't. I may even do some with no marinade and let you guys choose what sauce you dip them in, if any.

Pulled Pork burgers will be the mainstay. They will be made with either a coleslaw or a creamy potato salad. Th pork for the pulled pork will go on the weber at about 10:00 on Saturday, and come of at about 06:00 Sunday. Or whenever the temps get to where they need to be. It will then sit in an esky to stay hot until it's ready to be shredded.

And if that wasn't enough, I will also have a few Hanger Steaks that you guys will be able to sample. It will be served either simply on it's own, or with a Chimchuri dipping sauce.

And Golly will be doing his competition winning Chicken thighs. Don't ask what he does to them, otherwise he would have to kill you.

And if anyone can get anything down after all of that, I'm planning a cobbler of some description for dessert.

Phew......

AND THEN...there are others that have expressed an interest in bringing some of their own cuts to try. By all means, bring it! We can have a fun session of showing of with differing techniques. And there will be plenty of Webers to cook on.

As I have previously mentioned, water and soft drinks will be provided. But if you want anything harder, you will need to bring it yourself. I'm a generous guy...but I'm not THAT generous! ;)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »
If I could only attend 1 get together (outside of a NorCal meet up), this would be it!

Great Menu
Great Venue
Great People

Full report and pictures please!  Have fun,

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 02:38:13 AM »
If I could only attend 1 get together (outside of a NorCal meet up), this would be it!

Great Menu
Great Venue
Great People

Full report and pictures please!  Have fun,

Winz
Thanks Winz. I'm sure there will be a full report. 8)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 07:56:42 PM »

Hey, guys......Look at the bottom of this page.....I think Golly's lost :

18.5 lime or avacado valpo, ind.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/18-5-lime-or-avacado-valpo-ind/new/#new
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

shayneh2006

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 04:26:29 AM »
This is sounding better each time i read it..

Mmmmmm, can i leave the Girls (eldest is 13yo) home alone for a few hours,,,,, so i can swing by on bike....and see what youse are up to.

I will think more on this 8)

Shayne

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »
You're more than welcome to make an appearance Shayne. And if you're stuck and really want to make it, throw your kids inside the house with mine. Let them amuse themselves for a couple of hours while we eat and shoot the shit.

I have to say, grilling for you guys has me so nervous it's not funny. Especially with my mates on FB that drool over my food from afar. Even when I BBQ for my family functions and have 40-50 guests I'm way more laid back than what I'm feeling right now.

I think I have everything in motion. After a last minute near-disaster with my Butcher forgetting the hanger steaks, it was a frantic rush to procur replacements as these are an order in proposition only.

I was a little concerned about the bacon so I have gotten myself a hunk of smoked speck which I had sliced fairly thin. So with the bacon I have, and the speck, I should be OK. I even sourced some corned beef to wrap turds for those that don't want bacon.  I don't know how they will go, but they should be OK.

Now I just have to clean up the area we will be using and sort all the seating out before I put the butt on to cook for a while.

I was thinking that the butt being 5.5 kg would go on at about 19:00 tonight and should be ready by about 09:00-10:00 in the morning and be ready to rest.

Thoughts?