Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Did I Miss it? Anyone tried the new Weber branded charcoal?  (Read 5407 times)

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Did I Miss it? Anyone tried the new Weber branded charcoal?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 04:35:52 AM »
 I've only done the skirt steak.
I saw it on that Alton Brown episode too. Works great. About 2 minutes a side.

searching for 1 18" straight lip twist ash pan.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 05:48:10 AM »
Probably the best ribeye I ever had. Nothing compares. 4 minutes per side for these bad boys. No need to cover. These were about 1.5 inches thick from a local butcher. Taste=perfect. Texture=perfect. Gotta let the lump get white-hot. Nothing sticks. No ash at all on the meat. Smoke & flames are part of the entertainment.
Retired

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2017, 07:30:07 AM »
If ash production is that low. It could be a game changer to me.

Hells bells. At $1/# there better be almost no ash, and it better empty itself.  ;D
If I had the sale options that you folks have in the US, I would agree with you. Alas, here in Canada, that doesn't happen. For the last 5 months I've been using Royal Oak briquettes because a local store has 15+ lb bags for $8.99 CDN. Before that, I used Maple leaf briq's at 14 bucks for 17.5 lbs. That was the cheapest price I had available to me. Royal Oak & Kingsford were more expensive for similar sized bags.  So, for certain cooks, I wouldn't mind spending a bit more for the Weber just because of the ash volume. Now, having said that, I haven't seen Weber here yet, so I haven't had the chance to try it.