Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 4th of July Feasting - What's on your picnic table today?  (Read 3121 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: 4th of July Feasting - What's on your picnic table today?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 03:00:40 AM »
So little time to take photos when you're the host! Exhausting! Despite that, I managed a few. Here's the pork after pulling yesterday morning, and the turkey rubbed down with herbed butter waiting its turn in the smoker.

Three hours later, look what happened!

Up in Smoke tending the wings & thighs on the big boy. We had all three sizes of the WSM in action.

One of two blueberry pies I baked the day before.

And here's the whole crew before we got serious with a couple bushels of crabs. Good times!

Wish I could have taken more pics during the day, but it's so hard to remember where I put the camera when so much is going on.

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Re: 4th of July Feasting - What's on your picnic table today?
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 05:48:10 PM »
I was inspired with the recent bacon wrapped dates I have seen here recently. They were stuffed with Parmesan reggiano   Or blue cheese/candied pecans. These didn't last long as we tore into them watching the Brazil/Columbia WC game.

4 racks of loin backs on the top rack

Had to try one fresh off of the grill

The star of the show - char-Sui marinated spares. This the second time I have made these, and these things were good. Used the recipe from Wiviott's low and slow.