Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Request for measurements - Weber Side Table Bracket  (Read 947 times)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
Request for measurements - Weber Side Table Bracket
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:13:10 AM »
I recently picked up a Weber side-table that is missing the bracket which attaches it to the kettle handle.   If anybody has one of these tables and could get some measurements so that I can make a new bracket, I would GREATLY appreciate it.  (Photos stolen from a thread posted by forum member Craig without permission.  Thanks Craig...)   :o

Of course it would be much easier to buy or trade for one of these brackets if anybody has a spare.   :P
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
Re: Request for measurements - Weber Side Table Bracket
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:46:28 AM »
Sax

Until someone comes back with dimensions, what about just using a piece of channel cut with tabs like this ?
(you would eliminate everything but the main channel)

The tabs on each side would allow a place for the fasteners where they wouldn't interfere with the bowl handle.
The tabs would be an extension of the bottom portion of the channel.
Aluminum channel can be found at some hardware stores.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:50:05 AM by DirectDrive »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Request for measurements - Weber Side Table Bracket
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »

I think it's going to be close to 1/4" and 7/8" to 1" gap on the wider one for the 22".....I'm going right by the scrap metal place where I get a lot of stuff & will take a quick look....they have a small mountain of aluminium heat sink material in all different shapes & sizes.......might be something that would work right.............might even have something in the garage already.................
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"