Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cool product for Weber grills  (Read 5165 times)

rocksolid

• Happy Cooker
Cool product for Weber grills
« on: November 05, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »
Hello everybody,

I sell a product that was designed for the Weber grill called " Safe to handle " I was looking to see if anybody was interested in selling them in their store. Our website is safetohandleusa.com . Please take a look and let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:34:47 AM by Troy »

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Cool product for Weber grills
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »
I have an oven mit that works just fine for that purpose.

Not the best FIRST post either. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:32:52 PM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
I hope I'm wrong, and if I am I apologize, but this feels like spam.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
We had the exact same post on the Aussie BBQ forum
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
I have an oven mit that works just fine for that purpose.

Not the best FIRST post either.

Love it!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 05:59:39 PM »
Rocksolid what is your response to these charges.  Are you here to hock your wares?  If you are maybe the trading post is the place for that.  I don't have a problem with someone selling their stuff, but maybe you could try to come here and see what people might think.  This seems so automated and impersonal.  In case you didn't know, no one likes that kind of crap.  I don't want to run you out of here but you really need to come and discuss this product with this group.  Oh and for the record, I think Wood handles are the way to go.....

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »
  Oh and for the record, I think Wood handles are the way to go.....
Brian

Ditto!!   My sweet wood handles don't need no protection either!! ;D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »
Rocksolid what is your response to these charges.  Are you here to hock your wares?  If you are maybe the trading post is the place for that.  I don't have a problem with someone selling their stuff, but maybe you could try to come here and see what people might think.  This seems so automated and impersonal.  In case you didn't know, no one likes that kind of crap.  I don't want to run you out of here but you really need to come and discuss this product with this group.  Oh and for the record, I think Wood handles are the way to go.....

Brian
Here here! :)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 03:20:58 AM »
The main question is if I buy it will part of the money go to the site....

Big B

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 04:02:51 AM »
Ahhh.......Sorry but I think that looks like crap......Why would you cover up a nice wood handle. Never had a handle, so hot, that it burned my skin, I don't get the idea.....Just my 2 cents

Brent
Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 05:39:18 AM »
rocksolid - generally speaking, it's a bad practice to join a community and pimp your shit in your first post. it's spam.

now we're cool people here, so here's how it's going to go down.
You can choose to hang around and contribute and be a part of the community. You're welcome to have your link in your signature.
Constant product pimping won't be tolerated, but if you're active in the forums your sig link will likely get more attention than the spam posts anyway.

Most spammers don't follow up on their posts - but to give you the benefit of the doubt, i'm going to leave this post live until tomorrow morning (Nov 7).
If you haven't responded by then, your thread will be removed.

rocksolid

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »
My apologies to all, yes I guess my post was kind of spam, I was not looking to sell my item individual to the members but was looking to show the item to the members to see if they thought a store might be interested in carrying them, but mostly I was looking to get feedback from everybody to see what they thought so again I am sorry. To answer a few questions I made the product because I burnt my hands on my grill handle ( the new ones that most people don’t like) and when I went on the internet I found other people had the same issue so I made a product to combat the problem. I hope to stick around on this forum, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
Thanks for checking back and posting. Welcome to the club!

Do you post your product on etsy?
I bet with some themed variation options (sports teams, names, etc) - your product might serve that audience well. (A bunch of women buying gifts for their husbands and brothers)

rocksolid

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »
Thanks Troy, We are working on putting company logo's on them and selling them to companies as giveaways for company picnics. I will look at Etsy, but I think they are more for home made items and my product is not home made, but I will check it out.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
I'd be careful of the team name/logo thing. Team colors? Sure! But most teams guard their trademarks with a vengeance - and rightly so as it represents a ton of profit. Now you could market them to the teams themselves, but you would be paying them, not the other way around. Not sure if your profit margins would stand up to the royalties. Better to stick with colors and avoid the whole mess. BTW - have you searched the patent office for similar "inventions"? Unless you have it covered, anyone could knock it off easily. Hell, they can do that anyway and the burden is on you to hire an attorney and prove that the idea is yours.

As for the product itself, it's at least a way to personalize your grill, and after all, how many other ways are there to do that? Agree with some of the comments that the function may or may not be your best selling point.

Marty