Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Ash Pan  (Read 8344 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: First Ash Pan
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2015, 10:12:33 AM »
Here's the Bluey.........

Do you have the close up of the top vent?
I believe this top vent is blank or chicago - which makes it older than the wood dales. (or it means that it's a 'special' grill that has been uniquely built or even modified)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »
Nope, that's the only pics I have.....as recalled, there wasn't too, too many in the original posting ?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
First Ash Pan
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »
I sent photos of that blue grill to HK last night and asked specifically about that color , waiting to hear back on that .

He had named 4 colors when I asked him that question in the interview, blue wasn't one he named , but he did talk about "experiments" when we got on that subject , he specifically recalled what he said was a Fire Hydrant yellow with a flat top that his cousin had .

He recalled Black , Black and white spiderweb , Black and yellow spider web and he said they were able to do a run of a Bronze color.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:36:22 AM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2015, 10:46:22 AM »
Picture of the lid vent

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2015, 12:26:58 PM »
I just want to reiterate that all of the great information presented here will be noted in our upcoming revision. Thank you again, idahawk for doing this interview and to HK for your sharing your insights and experiences during your time with Weber Bros Metal Works. :)

I'd also love to hear some more about the demos that you did and how it was spreading the word to those early customers.
:D