Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: cajun bandit stacker  (Read 20910 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: cajun bandit stacker
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »
Does this mount on the lip of the WSM?  Is there any plans on making this available for kettles, where there is no lip?

there's 2 versions now. one for the wsm, and one for the cajun bandit / kettle.

i don't know how the wsm one mounts. i have the bandit version.

the bandit rings are both compatible with the kettle, while one is compatible with the wsm and the other is compatible with the bandit.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
Yeah, don't know if the price warants it for me either.  Maybe if I could add a rotisserie to it and have an all in one smoker, cooker, pizza maker, oven and uhh, yeah a bbq..Then maybe.. It is cool, though.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »
Hey Duke, that is the pizza pan that Brian put in his prototype.

From Brians post on tvwb,
"For the kettle mod, the aluminum pizza pan as a heat deflector is just for testing at this time.
The outfit that spins the rings is working on a quote on tooling for a custom pan/deflector but it would just add to the price, Chris is looking at alternatives
".

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 08:33:05 AM »
The deflector is a pizza pan. Oddly enough, it seems to work really well.

I have mine fired right now on a kettle. I put a grate over the deflector, the temp at that grate is only 10 degrees hotter than the top grate.

Also, chris got back to me. The wsm version Does fit a kettle as well.

I'll be updating the site with new pics and description as soon as I get home. I'm getting groceries right now.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »

There's a better shot of the whole thing
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:37:07 AM by Troy »

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 08:42:01 AM »
Troy, I thonk you need to shrink that image a bit, it fills the screen!
Question and observation. Is that grill black? Did someone paint one for the pic? It sets the Stacker off quite nicely. I don't see the Pizza Pan doing more than keeping the flame off the food. It can't be very effective as a heat sink. Of course you could put some fire bricks or a bowl of water in it for that.  Is it safe assume a grate sits on those brackets above it? I apologize in advance, cause I think you answered these questions already.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 09:43:13 AM »
image shrunk. i hate that when i post it takes me back to the forum page instead of the the content i just posted. i would have fixed that right away if i had F'in seen it.

the grate itself is black. chris doesn't send genuine weber grates anymore.
the grate is coated with something, not sure what it is. we'll see how it holds up.

i thought the same thing about the pizza pan. however it's not a heatsink, it's a deflector, and surprisingly - it performed much better than I expected.
I probably wouldn't put a grate on top of it and expect to cook just as well as the top grate, but in reality, the pan did a great job. There differences in heat zones from the inside to the outside weren't terrible. I don't think it needs a heatsink. Run a slow and low load of charcoal and there won't be a problem.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »
Yeah, please keep us posted on that black grill. Must be coating of some sort. Does it seem to be non stick?