Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Seville cart in the Stable..  (Read 6015 times)

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
Re: Seville cart in the Stable..
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 07:55:12 AM »
WOW! Can't wait to see the finished grill!  8)

Beef

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »

Way to go Team!

I had a local farmer/sandblaster do it for me.  It cost $75, and that is with a break.  It has so many angles and nooks and crannies that it took him almost 2 hours to blast it.    Take it to your powdercoater the same day, as moisture will bring surface rust in a jiffy.

As for powder, If you go with a standard white or black that a coater does daily, they just run it through with a typical run.  That cost me $100.   well worth it in my opinion.
If you want some wacky color (the sky is the limit) I think a coater would charge about $50-75 for setup, then whatever to actually coat it.

Do it!

Take a look at my post of how I used 3 hooks and 65ish inches of chain to build a hammock for the kettle.   I can post pics, if I had not of closeups of the chain dealio.

Rock on!

Numerous pre 79 kettles
Weber Seville Cart
One rare 1960's hooded rotissery grill, Like your dad had

Beef

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
Oh, one other thing.  DJpatio link above is where I bought my tires.  They worked perfectly.

Soak in boiling water for a few minutes and they snap on like a rubber band, then harden back up.

I wish they had come with instructions!  It took my nine-year-old and I an hour of levers and fulcrums to come up with that solution.

Numerous pre 79 kettles
Weber Seville Cart
One rare 1960's hooded rotissery grill, Like your dad had

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
That's about what I paid. I dropped mine off at a patio refurbishment company and it was $200. Included blasting, a few spot weld repairs, new tires, and powder coat. 

The service guy brought up a good point when I was choosing color. He suggested I go with a semi gloss or gloss because a flat may be difficult to clean grease off.

If shooting for period correct color I have seen white, black, and a green color. The Woodard pattern is Chantilly rose... there is a whole line of matching furniture from same Era. The newer stuff is the same pattern but the material is thinner and not wrought iron. The flowers are stamped.

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 03:23:01 PM »
I found a guy nearby that does all that you mentioned MINI. I think I'm dropping it off this week since I'm driving past the shop for 3 days straight. its like a friggin sign or something...

How well did dropping a performer bowl in it? I was thinking about creating a spacer bracket, like a set of risers, to lift the bowl a little higher and keep the slide aside in the same hole. Just not sure how high I'd have to raise it to make it work.
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2014, 09:20:02 PM »
The performer bowl works but sits a bit low. It's not fastened down yet.  :-[  I have just placed some wood blocks to keep bowl from scratching the finish. It's ghetto right now but it works and I'm still looking for the right solution for the mount.

As for the mounting I'd like to raise the bowl 1.5 - 2 inches to make clearance for the ash catcher. I would imagine that you could offset the bowl in the hole towards the front to make space for the slide aside. Also consider mounting of the gas and start button.

Be careful dropping the bowl in there with the gas tube attached. I nicked the ring and shed a tear after.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.