Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Leg of Lamb  (Read 1941 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Leg of Lamb
« on: April 20, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »
With the knowledge that in the long weekend of Easter, the embers of my grill would remain off, I did not escape the fact that this beautiful leg from behind the glass seemed to call me !

Leg 2 kg

marinade:
wine
oil
onion
garlic
rosemary
mustard
Salt and pepper

I made this with a very simple marinade fat ratio / acid of 1:1 since I had time to marinade and I wanted to make the greatest possible amount of grease to the inside of the leg !
The setup of the kettle involved the use of Slower than as ' manual ' I loaded with coal off of medium / large and filled the spaces with pieces you want a little smaller , I gave the start with a handful of seeds on coal and let the fans iN almost completely closed , the fans OUT open for half and the opening of the Slower terracotta saucer ! Reached 240'F and the kettle is hot I put the leg and planned to cook for at least 2 and a half hours ... so I smoked with apple for about 1 hour ... and in any case until it reaches 149'F achieved in almost 3 hours and I did it rest for about 15 minutes! When cut, the crust is crispy but had almost inedible but the meat was soft , juicy, flavorful and not at all had the strong flavor of lamb and smoked barely perceptible was divine! My guests were amazed by the result because they were not expecting a result of this level ... after this beautiful Easter preparation , I felt less guilty about leaving the kids off for a couple of days! Let it because satisfaction is really great ....

BBQ are never enough

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Leg of Lamb
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:35:14 PM »
Looks very good. :D I prepared a leg of lamb for Easter too! It's one of my favorites.
kettles, smokers...

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:03:16 AM »
Looks great Prof, you can't beat rosemary and garlic with lamb
Is lamb a more expensive meat in Italy?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
thank you very much ... actually friends with garlic and rosemary was really great!
the lamb is more expensive than pork and chuck. during the Christmas and Easter the price increases a little because demand increases, however, the dry aged beef is that it costs more!
BBQ are never enough