Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Please don't tar and feather me  (Read 3720 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Please don't tar and feather me
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
But I need some help.  What is "MBH"?  I can't figure it out and I have googled and searched.  The only thing I can figure out is it appears any Weber with "MBH" attached to it is old and has metal handles.

Also, what is the difference between a Master Touch and the One Touch system?

Thanks
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
Re: Please don't tar and feather me
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:56 PM »
No worries tb, the MBH is Metal Bowl Handle. The Master Touch has the attached lid bale, thermometer on lid, ash bucket. The One touch system is just the ash sweeper style. I am sure others here can chime in with a better explanation or at least steer you to the definitions that is here somewhere, I forget where.

Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:07:17 PM »
No worries tb, the MBH is Metal Bowl Handle. The Master Touch has the attached lid bale, thermometer on lid, ash bucket. The One touch system is just the ash sweeper style. I am sure others here can chime in with a better explanation or at least steer you to the definitions that is here somewhere, I forget where.

Ken

Thank you very much.  Is the Master Touch system still sold, or is that an older system that has been phased out and replaced by the One Touch System?

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
What Ken said.

In addition...

One Touch is a description of a specific vent system.
The older kettles had 3 daisy wheels on the bowl, similar to the top vent on the lid.
It took "3 touches" to adjust them all.
The current system requires "1 touch" of the control handle to adjust the bowl vents.

Master Touch was model designation as described by Ken.
No longer in production but a current model can be upgraded using available replacement parts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:14:11 PM by DirectDrive »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 01:11:59 PM »

Ken

Thank you very much.  Is the Master Touch system still sold, or is that an older system that has been phased out and replaced by the One Touch System?

TB, A master touch existed in the 90's as a 22.5" kettle with these special features:

-dial therm under top handle,
-OTG style Ash catcher
-One touch ash sweeps,
-Lid bale like a performer.
-Charcoal baskets
-special colors.

A one touch plus (OT+) has all the same features except the ash catcher dish from a OTS.

While the MT is technically not sold anymore, it lives in spirit as the 22.5" premium model sold in Europe.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 01:16:55 PM »
There's a page of acronyms on here somewhere. I'm on my phone or I'd link to it for ya.

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »
There's a page of acronyms on here somewhere. I'm on my phone or I'd link to it for ya.

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/wkc-glossary/

Enjoy!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

idahome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
I wondered this for the longest time, but didn't want to ask! One day I finally made the connection and was like, "how did I not get that?!" You're not alone  ;D

JDLones

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »
TB, I've been wondering this, too. Good to know about the glossary.  I guess I need to explore a bit more, huh?   :)
I love the smell of wood smoke and cooking meat...
Weber OTG 22.5 and Jumbo Joe
Char-Broil Commercial Gasser

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 05:41:13 PM »
Don't worry about getting flamed on this forum folks. Everyone is here to share. We were all newbs at one point. The worst question is the one not asked.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
Thanks for input guys. I was looking for the glossary earlier but couldn't find it. Very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk