Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dutch ovens?  (Read 12350 times)

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
Re: Dutch ovens?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »
Mirk, I can check the CB outlet for you in Berkeley. They usually have some lodge stuff there.

I appreciate the offer and I'll keep that in mind if you are ok with that but I can't pull the
trigger on any more cooking tools for a while.
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 09:50:06 PM »
I geared up with a Lodge 12 Camp Oven (with legs, and a rimmed lid) for a chili contest this winter, and have been very happy with it.  Did a great job on some beef stew as well.  I really need to get it out and cook some other stuff on it. 

...and lemme just say that if you walk into a chili contest with a big black cast iron pot covered in ash, you might have already won.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »
As was said earlier a 12" and 12" Deep would be a good start, i too have done the flaxseed oil seasoning and am satisfied with it. Beware tho it can become contagious!  ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 01:04:06 AM »
Buckie I was looking at the Lodge LCC3 combo cooker I'm not so concerned about the dutch oven aspect as basically
getting two frying pans for a cheap price.

What are the other things on the grill in the first pic you posted?

"What are the other things on the grill in the first pic you posted?"

Sorry, I just now saw this.....

Slabbed zucchini & a small chuck roast, I believe............

That combo cooker might be a good start.....you can still use it kinda like it's shown, with the smaller one as a lid......there's certain times with cast that capping it really makes things "sing" !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 03:49:55 AM »

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 08:05:48 AM »
As was said earlier a 12" and 12" Deep would be a good start, i too have done the flaxseed oil seasoning and am satisfied with it. Beware tho it can become contagious!  ;D

Nice setup!  What is in those ovens?  Cobbler in oven #2 (aluminum foil lining)?

Winz
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:07:29 AM by Winz »
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 01:36:16 PM »

Nice setup!  What is in those ovens?  Cobbler in oven #2 (aluminum foil lining)?

Winz
I had to look it up what we did lol, it was an impossible pie salmon puff.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 03:44:16 AM »
I won't argue the utility of the camp style ovens with the ridge around the lit to hold charcoal.I have a couple which I use often enough. My most recent favorite is the one which has the lid that can be used as a skillet. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lodge-Logic-5-Quart-Cast-Iron-Double-Dutch-Oven/12554407 It's a decent size and having the lid available as a skillet makes it a little more versatile IMO in a kettle. (I do have plans to make a ring for the inverted lid to hold charcoal.)

It's a perfect fit in a 14" WSM:
kettles, smokers...